sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2015 12:20 pm  #1

Michael Korman

Something a bit more heavy in nature. We all hear him on Toronto radio as the president and owner of Korry's on the Danforth. Thursday a funeral will be held for Saul Korman's son Michael who died earlier this week. I can't imagine, as a parent, losing a child. My prayers and condolences to Myrna, Saul and the entire Korman family.

Benjamin's Park Link

(Via Steve Kowch)

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

May 30, 2015 7:14 pm  #2

Re: Michael Korman

Unfortunately, I believe there's been more misfortune in that family.  A daughter died about 8 years ago and she had already lost a child.  So Saul and his wife have lost 2 of 3 kids and a grandchild.  No one deserves that.

May 31, 2015 8:19 am  #3

I just can't imagine.  

As I said somewhere else, it's these advertisers that some formats depend on for their existance.  Saul, Tom, Lou, etc have all supported radio for as long as I've been in radio, and there's a real bond between them and the station sales/on-air staff.  

I've known Saul to offer up free suits to operators who had a chance at a management position somewhere else, but no clothes to impress,  Tom did the same thing for me many years ago.  I had an interview in the states and he didn't want me going down there in my Eatons special .

For as long as I've known him Saul has been nothing but nice and a good friend, and to see this happen to anyone, in Saul's case for the second time, is just unfathomable.  If I just think about losing one of my kids it just rips me apart.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

May 31, 2015 5:44 pm  #4

That's so sad.  People are quick to "pile on" Saul Korman but forget to remember he has a human side.  He sounds like a kind man.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio.