sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 9, 2015 11:11 pm  #1

New PD for CFNY required.

(Via MMU)

The search is on for Canada’s smartest radio mind. Corus Radio has an exciting opportunity for the position of full time Program Director at our flagship alternative station in the Toronto market. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following....

More...

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

July 9, 2015 11:40 pm  #2

Re: New PD for CFNY required.

I'll do it...as long as I don't have to move there.  Why the phuque not?  Generally 'arsewipist' owners encourage the 'show hosts'  to pre-record their neutralist 'showettes' from all over hell's half acre.  I can program it from right here.  In 2015 I would imagine that GOOD to VERY f/n good would be a complete and total alternative to what's currently available across the 'bored'.  SHITTY seems to be dang close to entirely overdone...and the unfortunate norm.

I want 555.555 grand per year [U.S.] plus bonuses.  5 years guaranteed.  Entire salary upfront...plus a 1.555 million dollar [CDN] signing bonus.

Only serious replies will be considered.  You friggin' idiots.  How dare you drill the Spirit of Radio into the dirt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way...get out your Wallets.  The Edge?  He's a guitarist for a band that's been crankin' out 'stuff' since 1980.  Hardly new and really not contemporary.  What were you thinking when you went with 'that'?  Gads!!!  Why didn't you just name it Bob?  Or Stu?  Or Warren Down?  The Edge.  What a dinkish name!!!  Hire me you twits.  Get back into the RADIO game.

Last edited by Old Codger (July 9, 2015 11:53 pm)

July 10, 2015 12:03 am  #3

Old Codger wrote:

The Edge?  He's a guitarist for a band that's been crankin' out 'stuff' since 1980.  Hardly new and really not contemporary.  What were you thinking when you went with 'that'?  Gads!!!  Why didn't you just name it Bob?  Or Stu?  Or Warren Down?  The Edge.  What a dinkish name!!!  Hire me you twits.  Get back into the RADIO game.

Buffalo did the same thing. It was a good "Cookie cutter" call, given the format.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 10, 2015 7:49 pm  #4

Easier to remember for ratings.  Technically is that necessary anymore?  I thought I had quite an 'edge' to my application.

Oddly...I still haven't heard back from them.