sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2015 3:04 pm  #1

Former RB Host Involved In Hotel Gun Battle

No, it wasn't Ed Needham (for some reason, my first thought) In this case, it was actually Lynne Russell, who was also an anchor at CNN and the CBC, with a stop at 1010 for a couple years starting in 2008. I think she was also a real estate agent for a time if memory serves. This story is as weird as any topic she likely ever covered and has just about everything - a desperate man with a weapon who was shot dead in a Motel 6 by a former national news anchor's naked husband. In this made-for-tabloid world, what more could you possibly ask for?

Former Toronto radio/TV host survives motel shootout

July 2, 2015 7:34 pm  #2

Re: Former RB Host Involved In Hotel Gun Battle

so much for "leaving the light on".

July 3, 2015 10:32 am  #3

Re: Former RB Host Involved In Hotel Gun Battle

While at CNN in Atlanta, Ms. Russell was also a reserve officer with the the Atlanta Sherriff's Office. She is well trained in the use of a firearm, and licensed to carry a concealed weapon.  Me thinks that the suspect picked the wrong duo to tango with.

I miss Lynne Russell on CNN / Headline News (CNN2).  I miss alot of the anchors from CNN... Bob Losure, Dave Roberts, Lynn Vaughn, David Goodnow... I think that the Headline News format was solid, straight forward, and was devoid of the "infotainment" or sensaltionalistic sytle of TV news presentation today.