sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 22, 2016 8:50 pm  #1

105.3 Virgin Radio-Kitchener

It has been almost two months since 105.3 changed gears from hot a/c Kool-Fm to chr Virgin radio and, so far, I have found no reason for 91.5 The Beat to have any concerns about the new chr competitor. Virgin is basically a rolling jukebox of music, far too much of which is well over seven months old, with an almost unidentifiable on-air staff. For the non-PPM markets, of which K-W is one, the third week of the supposedly most important fall ratings is almost complete and Virgin 105.3 does not yet have a morning show in place. Maybe the plans are to get the format in gear now and go for it in 2017. Whatever the plan is, there was no need to dump all of the Kool-Fm on-air staff. Many of them would have worked well in the new format. In another life at 1090-AM, sister station K-Fun was AM109-one of the absolute best Top 40 stations in the area (including Toronto), both in terms of the music and the on-air personalities. I guess I was hoping for Virgin 105.3 to be of the same caliber. To date it has been a disappointment. Of course, the ownership and management has changed since the days of AM109.

September 23, 2016 5:44 am  #2

Re: 105.3 Virgin Radio-Kitchener

Storm wrote:

In another life at 1090-AM, sister station K-Fun was AM109 - one of the absolute best Top 40 stations in the area (including Toronto)

How far back are you dreaming?