sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2016 9:02 am  #1

Why I LOVE Bell

From Broadcast Dialogue...and you wonder why Bell and Rogers have an image problem:

The CRTC grilled Bell, Rogers, Shaw, and Videotron at its two-day hearing last week to review the implementation of the so-called ‘skinny basic’ cable packages. All of the big four companies told the hearings they’ve learned lessons from the roll-out.

Hours before its appearance, Bell announced it will no longer require Fibe TV customers to also subscribe to the company’s internet service. During the hearing, Bell also admitted for the first time that it had designed a training document for employees that specifically told them not to promote its cheaper, basic $25 TV plan.

September 15, 2016 9:15 am  #2

Re: Why I LOVE Bell

Back to the days when they just did the phone thing...they were ruthless.  They, in being such dickweeds, opened the doors to all kinds of competition which folks went for in droves.  They are still ruthless and money crazy...and they don't 'do' TV, Radio or the serving out of their electronic media mistakes with anything more than a 1/2-baked attempt.  In fairness...that's all they're equipped to do as they turfed people better suited to running their various ships and instead inserted failure.

So?  They will sink from the sight-lines we're used to seeing.  And the money, by then, will have ceased to flow in the totals necessary to keep their attempts afloat above the horizon.

Last edited by Old Codger (September 15, 2016 9:16 am)

September 15, 2016 9:31 am  #3

Johnny B wrote:

From Broadcast Dialogue...and you wonder why Bell and Rogers have an image problem:

The CRTC grilled Bell, Rogers, Shaw, and Videotron at its two-day hearing last week to review the implementation of the so-called ‘skinny basic’ cable packages. All of the big four companies told the hearings they’ve learned lessons from the roll-out.

Hours before its appearance, Bell announced it will no longer require Fibe TV customers to also subscribe to the company’s internet service. During the hearing, Bell also admitted for the first time that it had designed a training document for employees that specifically told them not to promote its cheaper, basic $25 TV plan.

I watched the entire Bell presentation as it was happening, and it was excruciating. Still, this point didn't escape the CRTC. The Commissioner who did the bulk of the questioning, one Christopher MacDonald, made a point of this mysterious press release surfacing just a day before they were facing his panel. His comment to the assembled Bell bureaucrats was "interesting timing."

They looked sheepishly at him, but said nothing in response. It reminded me of Kathleen Wynne trying to put just about everything over on taxpayers, even as the public looks at them aghast, thinking, "do they really think we're that stupid?"

Apparently, they do!  

September 15, 2016 10:24 am  #4

In related news if you invested in Corus Ent. in late 2011 you paid $20/share; trading @ $12 this morning
If you invested in Rogers Comm. in late 2011 you paid $29/share; trading @ $57 this morning
​If you invested in BCE in late 2011 you paid $43/share; trading @ $60 today

​And if you expect to draw from the Canada Pension Plan or from Old Age Security or from an RRSP some day, you are HEAVILY invested in at least two of the above companies

September 17, 2016 1:39 am  #5

Johnny B wrote:

Hours before its appearance, Bell announced it will no longer require Fibe TV customers to also subscribe to the company’s internet service...

While some might wander off to Rogers, I'm guessing Bell's real agenda is to gain more Virgin home internet customers...
https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/internet/order-internet.html?itcid=CL:117

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.