sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2016 8:42 pm  #1

Fox News: Walking Down The Ailes

Worth noting, because it's kind of the end of an era. Roger Ailes, the man who, for better or worse, almost singlehandedly created and turned Fox News into the highest rated cable news network in North America, has been ousted, hoist - if you will - by his own petard over sexual harassment allegations from one of his former anchors.

Ailes was known as a hands-on exec and the entire network, whatever you think of it, bears his stamp. What happens to it now is anyone's guess. This is a big deal, since he was one of the most powerful men in broadcasting and the Fox News brand is now a worldwide phenomenon. And how ironic it comes on the night The Donald makes his big pitch to the American public about becoming the next Republican president. 

Reality TV, indeed.

Ailes is out as Fox News head

July 21, 2016 9:19 pm  #2

Re: Fox News: Walking Down The Ailes

No room for any  sexual harassment by any one any where any time...

July 22, 2016 12:42 am  #3

unclefester wrote:

No room for any  sexual harassment by any one any where any time...

Edit:  After several hours of quiet reflection I have determined that if some young lady wanted to abuse me the odds are pretty good I would just put up with it at this stage of my life...

Just sayin'...

July 22, 2016 7:25 am  #4

unclefester wrote:

if some young lady wanted to abuse me the odds are pretty good I would just put up with it

Please post a recent photo