sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2016 9:10 pm  #1

Dan Shulman

It's great to hear Dan Shulman calling the Jays home opener on Sportsnet TV... Buck Martinez is good but Dan is an amazing play by play announcer (in my humble opinion). I think he's signed up for about 30 games this season 

April 8, 2016 9:20 pm  #2

Re: Dan Shulman

Dan's the Man...

April 9, 2016 7:16 am  #3

Yep.  Buck's a fine fella and he's turned into a really good bb 'voice'...but Dan's even better.

Remember when Buck used to host a little game show on TSN...right after he retired from playing?

April 9, 2016 8:23 am  #4

I agree completely that Dan is a great addition to the team.  I also like Buck and Tabby.  But I felt last night the three-in-a-booth concept was a bit "noisy" with all three trying to make their points. They'll likely get into a good flow soon enough, but I think the two-voice team is a bit more effective.  But then again, I can put up with some "noise" if that's what it takes to have Dan back.

April 9, 2016 9:18 am  #5

I prefer Buck Martinez as an analyst rather than as a play-by-play man. Good to see Shulman calling the games. No need for a third man in the booth, sorry Tabby. Actually if I could choose an analyst to work alongside Shulman it would be Gregg Zaun - he tells it like it is like few others.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

April 9, 2016 11:07 am  #6

Let's enjoy Dan when we can.  He's only doing about 30 Jays games this season.  Otherwise, we can catch him on ESPN's Sunday night game.