sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2016 11:59 am  #1

CMW Alan Waters Young Broadcast Award

Please note that is time once again for CMW’S Alan Waters Young Broadcast Award.

This annual award goes to a top Young Broadcaster under the age of 30 years old in honour of the legendary Steve Young.

Please click on http://cmw.net/awards/allan-waters-young-broadcaster-award-nominations/ to enter your nominations by March 21st.

•    The 2016 criteria:
•    Candidates must be under the age of 30 as of April 30, 2016
•    Must work in the programming department: On-air, Programming, Promotion, Production or Creative
•    Must be nominated by another individual working in the radio industry
•    Must be Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
•    Must have made a significant, documented contribution to the community they serve, the radio industry or their craft

Winning recipient receives complimentary travel, accommodation and CMW registration to receive the award in person.

•    Deadline is March 21, 2016, midnight EST time. Entries arriving after the deadline will not be eligible. A winner will be chosen and notified by April 1, 2016.
•    Don't forget to attach materials in support of your submission (mp3 airchecks, press coverage, documentation of community involvement, awards, ratings, proof of age etc.)
•    For any questions, please email this year’s go chairs Bob Saint at bobsaint@rogers.com and Jim JJ Johnston at jj.imsconsulting@gmail.com.

* Nomination must be submitted by someone else working in the radio industry

Find out more about Steve by clicking on tinyurl.com/steveyoungtribute

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

March 7, 2016 3:02 pm  #2

Re: CMW Alan Waters Young Broadcast Award

I guess that means I'm too 'olde' then does it?...Forsooth...It's elder abuse.

March 7, 2016 8:01 pm  #3

Old Codger wrote:

I guess that means I'm too 'olde' then

If you're between the ages of 18 & 80, just make a few payments to the Canada Protection Plan and when you croak your offspring won't care whether Alan Waters or Jim Waters or Muddy Waters gave you awards.     Your estate will be so liquid a life jacket will be needed to avoid drowning in all the coin, O.C.

March 8, 2016 1:41 pm  #4

So it does not matter if you are full-time or part-time? 

March 8, 2016 5:50 pm  #5

No problem, as long as you are under thirty.     Jerry Rubin was right about that.     

March 9, 2016 1:00 am  #6

Bernie Sanders is definitely 's. o. l.' then.