sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2016 6:01 pm  #31

Re: News on Bill Carroll

I caught a bit of Ryan on Monday and thought he did well.  Pity they didn't just fly him down, and make the show a Vegas remote though, that would have been something, even at 7am PST  .    

I'll never forget when 'RB sales got a contract to advertise these machines that would go into bars to tell you how drunk you were before you drove.  The idea was to have Mike slowly drink on-air, use the machine to measure his BAC at specific intervals etc.    Well as luck would have it, we all participated in the test.  Show started at 4pm.  By about 4:45pm Gary walked into the control room to find out what was going on, everything and it's mother had a 'sounder' at the time, and he came in just as Mike introduced the entertainment segment by saying "play that funny clown music for the Toronto Star guy..."     

I don't think the experiment made it past 5pm.  

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

February 11, 2016 12:42 am  #32

Re: News on Bill Carroll

StevieB wrote:

BTW completely agree about Bonnar. He's hosted the show before and done a far better job of it, but this week it sounds like He just isn't putting much into it.
Maybe the writing IS on the wall for the station. 

That's it.  I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I actually don't dislike Bonnar and maybe calling what he was doing "unlistenable" was way too harsh.  To him, I apologize.   There was just this vibe of "going through the motions"  and it's not necessarily just him.

Although I am looking forward to having Mr. Stafford back next week.  Even when _he_ is just going through the motions, he makes things work.  And once in a while, like with the Midge Ure interview, there can be magic.