sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2019 7:54 pm  #1

Former Newstalk/Current Zoomer Host Ben Mercer & Faith (Goldy that is)

This week the always interesting 12:36 (@1236) tweeted a short news piece that former Newstalk 1010 weekend host and current Zoomer Radio "Face The Music" host Ben Mercer (using the name Ben Colton) appeared with his wife, Jill Colton, on Faith Goldy's YouTube channel. The topic? Sex and Incels.

I clicked on the link @1236 provided, and saw and heard enough to question if Ben's current employer might have something to say about Mercer/Colton appearing on Ms. Goldy's YouTube channel, spouting views one would expect from an F.G.* guest.

*Faith Goldy

(type in haste, then edit later is my motto)

Last edited by betaylored (April 18, 2019 12:23 am)

April 17, 2019 8:51 pm  #2

Re: Former Newstalk/Current Zoomer Host Ben Mercer & Faith (Goldy that is)

what is F.G. ??

April 17, 2019 9:04 pm  #3

I think it may stand for Faith Goldy. 

But yeah, I wondered that too, at first.

April 18, 2019 8:20 am  #4

Nice comments on her YouTube page. Good grief.

And, Ben, umm yeah, liked you on air, 1010 and Zoomer. Zero respect now buddy. Go jump off a cliff.

April 18, 2019 1:30 pm  #5

Had no idea who his wife was until seeing this. What a piece of work. She's all over the alt right lower tier media. 

April 18, 2019 3:17 pm  #6

they are all nuts 

April 18, 2019 4:29 pm  #7

As long as Rick Mercer isn't Rick Colton...

April 18, 2019 6:42 pm  #8

Memo To: Ben Mercer

Dear Mr. Mercer,

Please report to my office on Monday morning April 21st at 9 a.m. sharp.

MZ/fu

April 18, 2019 8:30 pm  #9

Th further we get away from the horrors of the Nazis in WWII, the easier it is for people to be duped.

April 18, 2019 9:02 pm  #10

unclefester wrote:

Dear Mr. Mercer,

MZ/fu

Except that Monday is the 22nd...

April 18, 2019 11:15 pm  #11

Saul wrote:

unclefester wrote:

Dear Mr. Mercer,

MZ/fu

Except that Monday is the 22nd...

hmmm...
Clerical error...
Gonna' have to have a word with Ms. fu
Hoppy Easter everyone!!

April 19, 2019 1:37 pm  #12

Dial Twister wrote:

Th further we get away from the horrors of the Nazis in WWII, the easier it is for people to be duped.

African Americans forgave the Democrats for slavery, Jim Crow and the KKK, somehow, someway. We have all been duped at one point in life.

April 21, 2019 7:15 pm  #13

WilliamT wrote:

Dial Twister wrote:

African Americans forgave the Democrats for slavery, Jim Crow and the KKK, somehow, someway. We have all been duped at one point in life.

That comment shows a pretty superficial understanding of American political history, particularly that there was a political realignment in the US between the 1930s and the 1970s and that in particular, in the 1960s the Dixiecrats pretty much defected to the Republicans en masse because of the Civil Rights Act. Until the 1930s the Republicans were largely to the left of the Democrats not only on civil rights but on economic issues (Teddy Roosevelt's trust busting, the Progressive movement whose members such as LaFollette joined the Republicans etc). The Republicans and Democrats began to switch places, ideologically, with the New Deal and that switch was consolidated in the 1960s with the Civil Rights Act. But I guess if one gets one's understanding of history from propagandists like convicted criminal Dinesh D'Sousa, Fox News, and Rush Limbaugh etc rather than actual books by actual historians you wouldn't know that. 

April 21, 2019 10:37 pm  #14

Hansa wrote:

WilliamT wrote:

Dial Twister wrote:

That comment shows a pretty superficial understanding of American political history, particularly that there was a political realignment in the US between the 1930s and the 1970s and that in particular, in the 1960s the Dixiecrats pretty much defected to the Republicans en masse because of the Civil Rights Act. Until the 1930s the Republicans were largely to the left of the Democrats not only on civil rights but on economic issues (Teddy Roosevelt's trust busting, the Progressive movement whose members such as LaFollette joined the Republicans etc). The Republicans and Democrats began to switch places, ideologically, with the New Deal and that switch was consolidated in the 1960s with the Civil Rights Act. But I guess if one gets one's understanding of history from propagandists like convicted criminal Dinesh D'Sousa, Fox News, and Rush Limbaugh etc rather than actual books by actual historians you wouldn't know that. 

Hansa, you're not suggesting that people actually rely on people who have spent years studying, have earned peer recognized degrees, and are experts in their fields??  i have google and can research for myself.  the interwebs doesn't lie and I'm fully prepared to make knee-jerk reactions about topics i have spent exactly 10 minutes researching.  Fake News!