sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2018 9:42 pm  #1

Great to see Dave Hodge in the classic Baby Blue HNIC Jackets on CBC

Here is a nice clip of Dave Hodge guesting on HNIC...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/dave-hodge-explains-impact-hockey-night-canada-blazer/

So much history...and good memories...for a kid who used to eat, sleep and breathe hockey...

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

November 25, 2018 1:57 am  #2

Re: Great to see Dave Hodge in the classic Baby Blue HNIC Jackets on CBC

Great promotion and a worthy cause.  It was like I'd entered a time machine when I turned on the TV.  

November 25, 2018 2:33 am  #3

At the moment. Cherry's jacket is at $11,500.  what i loved about the hodge piece was how they replayed his intro to mclean as a rookie.  mclean has become a cornerstone of hockey.... enthusiasm and encyclopedic memory...and the ability to put up with cherry for so long!

I didn't know hodge as hnic so much... a few years before my time.  to me, he was just a grumpy guy on tsn. i have since come to respect his contributions, but still prefer ron. that bit had generational appeal

I might add... hodge, mclean. then the whole "strombo" experiment is right up there with the glowing puck. for shame.

November 25, 2018 11:51 pm  #4

To see Dave in the 'baby blues' again was absolutely terrific. He was always so great and remained so.  Great cause as mentioned.  It would have been nice if the rest of the classic old sports jackets actually fit the 'wearees' as well as Dave's fit.  Where'd they buy them?  Honest Ed's?  In spite of the cause it looked cheap.

November 26, 2018 11:45 am  #5

Not to rain on the parade - I was and remain a fan of Dave Hodge - but in case anyone is not familiar with the circumstances under which Ron Maclean inherited Dave Hodge's job on HNIC:

Hodge's last night

Last edited by milton (November 26, 2018 12:06 pm)

November 26, 2018 11:49 am  #6

Lee Marshall wrote:

To see Dave in the 'baby blues' again was absolutely terrific. He was always so great and remained so.  Great cause as mentioned.  It would have been nice if the rest of the classic old sports jackets actually fit the 'wearees' as well as Dave's fit.  Where'd they buy them?  Honest Ed's?  In spite of the cause it looked cheap.

My GF and I were talking about that as we watched the show. She was convinced they made the jackets ill-fitting for effect. They might have been polyester even. Hats off to the crew for going along for the ride.