sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 17, 2018 12:17 pm  #1

Sally Go Round The Roses as Played on C-Quam AM Stereo CJCL

I found a tape recorded off CJCJ AM featuring Doug Austin and Rob Cowan where they play the stereo version of Sally Go Round the Roses.. I have other AM stereo snippets posted to the site from 1050 CHUM but I think I recorded most of those off cable FM but I believe this was recorded right off AM.

This is during the Music of Your Life era from the late 1980's. You will also hear Harold Hosein on this XMAS time air check. Highlights for me are the fact that they play Rock Around The Clock and Sally Go Round The Roses.

Just posted  as the latest entry at the bottom of Radio Miscellany

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

November 17, 2018 1:17 pm  #2

Re: Sally Go Round The Roses as Played on C-Quam AM Stereo CJCL

Oh gosh don't post that - Irvine will mock me for liking AM Stereo ...lol.

But the bigger plus here is not that it's in stereo, but that a wideband receiver was used.  Here the treble and the consonant blends?  It's quite clear, and appears to utilize full 10 K response.

Even in mono, that's a benefit.  Listen to an AM station on a GE Super Radio, and believe it for yourself.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

November 17, 2018 1:19 pm  #3

Er, make that "hear" the treble ....lol

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

November 18, 2018 10:21 am  #4

Chuck99 wrote:

Hey, at least they played the stereo version which, in my opinion, is superior and seems less dated than the mono version with the organ.  In music, as well as other aspects of life, sometimes less is more.

There is actually a stereo version of the song with the organ but it's not on YT. You can sample a bit of it here:

Dick Bartley Presents Collectors Essentials- The All Time Greatest Girl Groups

Last edited by Fitz (November 18, 2018 10:21 am)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/