sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 6, 2018 2:25 pm  #1

Les Sole & Terri Michael

Very devastating news on Facebook moments ago from Earl Jive.

This is the saddest posting of my FaceBook Life.

Last night, Bev’s best friend since childhood, broadcaster TERRI MICHAEL, and her husband (my PD at CHOM) LES SOLE, were killed in a head-on collision near their home in Cabo San Lucas. They are survived by their son Johnny.
We are devastated. RIP Terri & Les. 

Les was my PD at CJCL & I worked with Terri at The MIX.
R.I. P.

November 6, 2018 2:46 pm  #2

Re: Les Sole & Terri Michael

This is indeed very sad news.

I didn't know Les all that well, but I worked at some of the stations he was involved with over the years. Here's a terrific short article he wrote for Broadcast Dialogue in May 2004 about the John Donabie years at CJCL.

It was appropriately called "The Greatest Station You Never Heard."

The Greatest Station You Never Heard

November 6, 2018 5:43 pm  #3

This is horrible news! Val worked with Terri at CKFM, in fact, recommended her to Jerry Good, the PD at the time.
I worked for Les at CFTR and Metro 1430. Can't say enough good things about him. What a treat, especially at 'TR. Later, I worked with Terri's sister, Lori Grant, at CHFI for many years. She and Ron must be devastated, as we all are. Damn!

November 6, 2018 7:14 pm  #4

Such terrible news An unspeakable tragedy.

I remember hearing Terri Michael at CKFM.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/11/06/leslie-sole-mexico-crash/

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

November 6, 2018 11:59 pm  #5

I worked with Terri comin' up on 30 years ago.  I'd met Les along the way and knew his younger brother fairly well as we also worked together at Standard.  This is such a sad, SAD state of affairs.  For Terri and Leslie's family, loved ones and friends I feel so very sorry for your loss. 

November 7, 2018 9:34 am  #6

There's a nice tribute to the couple on FYImusicnews.ca, which made this the lead story on Wednesday. It's as much a look back at their career as their life together. It includes comments from some radio stalwarts whose lives they touched, including CKTB's Larry Fedoruk and former CHUM jock and Rogers exec. Chuck McCoy. 

Mexican Car Crash Kills Canadian Broadcasting Couple

November 12, 2018 3:54 pm  #7

Dear John D., Mike M., Dale P., and Lee M.,

On behalf of my wife Lori Michael-Scott, ( on air Lori Grant), our son James, and Terri & Leslie’s son John,

Thank you for sharing your memories, and your kind thoughts, I have shared them in hopes of finding some sense of  consolation.

Mr. Moderator, thank you for posting the article by Leslie from Broadcast Dialogue.  It is a gem for posterity.

Sincerely,

Ron

November 24, 2018 6:54 pm  #8

Not sure why they waited so long to publish this, but this article appeared in the Friday (Nov. 23rd) edition of the Globe and Mail.

Nice tribute and background on both Terri and Leslie and the story of how they met and became a powerhouse media couple. 

Media couple Leslie Sole and Terri Michael fell in love at a radio station