sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2018 3:41 pm  #1

Lou Schizas and Corus have parted ways

Happy Capitalism is no more...just wondering if this paves the way for Jack "B" to take over the business reports...Just kidding...

I will miss crazy Lou! Good luck Lou...job well done!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 25, 2018 3:49 pm  #2

Re: Lou Schizas and Corus have parted ways

Did he jump or was he pushed? Whatever the case, it'll be an improvement. He was an embarrassment.

September 25, 2018 4:16 pm  #3

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

I will miss crazy Lou! Good luck Lou   

Lou is rumored to have shorted CJR-B a year ago at $12 and covered his position this week at $4, and will be wintering in Palm Springs

September 25, 2018 4:55 pm  #4

Sue Ann Levy will also have to find a different place to spread her prejudiced bullshit, also, per her on the Twitter.

Last edited by verger (September 25, 2018 4:55 pm)

September 25, 2018 5:34 pm  #5

Lou, Sue Ann, Mark Steyn, John Bolton, Conrad Black. Oakley sure picks winners...

September 25, 2018 5:41 pm  #6

Chrisphen wrote:

Lou, Sue Ann, Mark Steyn, John Bolton, Conrad Black. Oakley sure picks winners...

He does, doesn't he?

You'd almost think he had an agenda of some sort. Hmmmm.

Naaah. Couldn't be. A beacon of open expression and balance, that there Oakley fellow.

September 25, 2018 9:40 pm  #7

Chrisphen wrote:

Did he jump or was he pushed? Whatever the case, it'll be an improvement. He was an embarrassment.

He was pushed.  According to Lou's twitter, he was getting calls asking if it's true even before he was told by the powers that be.  They must have given the word to everyone in the building before notifying him.

Personally, I liked his approach.  He never pretended to be a "broadcaster".  Now we get to listen to broadcasters who pretend to have a clue of the business world.

September 25, 2018 11:20 pm  #8

Chrisphen wrote:

I don't mind Lou & don't know Mark Steyn but for Sue Ann, John Bolton & Conrad Black, a big No Thank You! 

To add to your list of "winners" .. from years gone by .. David Menzies & Charles McVety .. instant channel changers!

September 26, 2018 6:45 am  #9

Apparently, Levy appeared for free for 15 years until she accidentally learned that all the other regulars on Oakley were paid. https://twitter.com/BorkowskiNews/status/1044766599264186368?s=20

September 26, 2018 9:09 am  #10

A bunch of mamby-panzies on this post.  So now Oakley's show gets more bland - and we shall get milk-toast reporting about city hall - maybe.  Nobody tells it like it is - Lou and SueAnn did this - oh well TuneIn radio brings the world to my car and office - no need for more vanilla from 640 

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs... 
~ John McClane

September 26, 2018 9:32 am  #11

Sue Ann never told it like it was. During the Rob Ford era, despite her access, she was about the only city hall reporter who didn't break a story about Ford's drug use and misbehaviour. She was too busy competing with Warmington to be the Ford's family stenographer. With DoFo now in power there's even less need for this court apologist to get airtime.

Last edited by Hansa (September 26, 2018 9:33 am)

September 26, 2018 9:45 am  #12

They both stimulated good thought and discussion.  Their segments will be a loss to AM640.  I can't say the same for Dwivedi or Cutrara.

September 26, 2018 10:19 am  #13

Whatever you think of Sue Ann Levy, it definitely sounds like they didn't handle her axing very professionally. Admittedly, this is pretty one-sided, but according to some of her Tweets, she found out from social media - not the powers-that-be at Corus. Love her or hate her, that's just wrong.  

If what she says is true, she likely deserved better after 15 years as a contributor there. It just doesn't speak well of Corus management. And I'm sure none of us would want to be treated this way.  

"I want to personally thank @troyreebglobal for the classy way I was treated today after 15+ yrs on the @johnoakleyshow. I loved that call from Nathan Smith 45 min, before my regular spot & after my axing had made social media. Very professional!

I also loved when Nathan Smith told me on the phone after 4 pm that he was waiting to hear from me. I guess I was supposed to phone him to ask if I was axed. Surreal. Rude. Classless.

I asked the PD why 4 weeks before the municipal election he would can the one person who knows the ins and outs of City Hall. Pregnant pause was the response.

So the new way of doing business on radio is to kick a contributor of 15 years to the curb, not even advise them in advance of today’s show and not pay them for 2 months. Shame on @am640."

September 26, 2018 8:36 pm  #14

RadioActive wrote:

Whatever you think of Sue Ann Levy, it definitely sounds like they didn't handle her axing very professionally.

Sounds like she wasn't very happy with their Capitalism.

(Yes I know that's an awful cheap shot; while I make it in this little forum...she'd excrete the same tripe into a newspaper that is believed by thousands to be the Public Record)

September 26, 2018 9:26 pm  #15

Looking at her Twitter feed, it sounds like she was definitely triggered. Poor sensitive snowflake, that Sue-Ann. 

September 26, 2018 10:00 pm  #16

another butt-hurt outrage artist. Who would have guessed?

September 27, 2018 8:22 am  #17

Don't know if anybody else heard this on Wednesday, but there was a strange moment on Oakley's show when he introduced Rocco Rossi, the president of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, to comment on the government reducing mandatory WSIB contributions for companies. 

"So Rocco," says Oakley, "you must be pleased that businesses will have to put less into this."

To which Rossi - who may not have any knowledge of what's gone on at the station over the past 24 hours - replies, "Yes, John. I'm a Happy Capitalist!"

This is followed by a semi-prolonged silence from the host, who finally simply responds, "Hmmm." 

The only word that fits is "awkward."

September 28, 2018 9:15 am  #18

Wow! Is this Angrea Whorewrath's second home or what?
Heaven help those with a conservative viewpoint.

September 28, 2018 10:08 am  #19

JBowm wrote:

No.

JBowm wrote:

Heaven help those with a conservative viewpoint 

If calling a woman a whore because you disagree with their politics is the essence of conservative thought then good riddance, sir.

Last edited by Chrisphen (September 28, 2018 10:08 am)

September 28, 2018 1:41 pm  #20

JBowm wrote:

That mindset is on tragic display in the US Senate for all to see, this week. How uplifting.

September 28, 2018 4:59 pm  #21

JBowm wrote:

Heaven help those with a conservative viewpoint.

Excellent job sir.

In one oh so brief post, you've encapsulated the deplorable rot that increasingly demonstrates what today's conservative has come to be. 

Truly sad.

September 29, 2018 12:03 pm  #22

I'm sure she has heard worse. And given the same.

October 1, 2018 8:23 am  #23

It's a juvenile and misogynistic insult. Grow up.