sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2018 11:56 pm  #1

Funny 820 Gets A Familiar Morning Show

Not sure how new this is, but CHAM, aka Funny 820, is eschewing the stand-up shtick in the mornings to air an old duo. Humble And Fred are now doing 7-9 on the station every weekday morning. I'm pretty sure it's just their regular podcast being aired in the AM hours, but it's the first time since adopting the all comedy format that they won't have actual stand-up material in morning drive.

I'm not a fan of the pair and I'm not sure it exactly matches the format or keeps the consistency, but it's not like anyone will really notice. CHAM's numbers in all day parts are practically non-existent so I don't suppose they have all that much to lose.

September 16, 2018 12:34 am  #2

Re: Funny 820 Gets A Familiar Morning Show

Deliberate tax write off is a wonderful thing for big business.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 16, 2018 6:53 am  #3

I wish they would change 820 to Bloomberg like what Bell did with 1410 in Vancouver

September 16, 2018 8:15 am  #4

As a former long-time worker-bee at the station when it mattered, it's a sad waste of a signal.

September 24, 2018 6:26 pm  #5

Humble and Fred dropped by today to talk about what went wrong at Sirius and why Funny 820 is the right fit. Lots of radio chatter as they comment on everything from the changes at 102.1 to the proposal they gave 640. http://www.torontomike.com/2018/09/toronto_miked_podcast_episode_379.html

September 25, 2018 11:38 pm  #6

I do listen to Funny 820 late night.

Thankfully I don't listen 7-9am.