sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2018 9:13 pm  #1

CJBK 1290 London gving up on local content during drive time?

Had the opportunity to listen to CJBK 1290 for a few moments yesterday afternoon (August 23, 2018) at about 16:45. They were broadcasting the feed from cable TV station CTV news net. Andy Oudman used to do "The Live Drive" from 15:00 - 18:00 which originated from their London studio. Mr. Oudman is no longer mentioned on the station's site so I presume he is no longer on CJBK.

I was surprised by the news net feed. I thought the 'drive time' was a coveted spot for stations to make some money during the increased listeners that tune in during this time. The only local content I see on their site is the 06:00 - 09:00 morning show and news at noon. This is only about four hours a day of live / local content.

August 24, 2018 11:31 pm  #2

Re: CJBK 1290 London gving up on local content during drive time?

This does not surprise me, considering what's going on in other markets with Bell.
If they believe TSN 1150 is working, why question what they've done with the London market?

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 25, 2018 8:21 am  #3

Chuck99::: Corus re-located the Fresh radio transmitter to the CFPL-TV tower with brother station FM96 a few years ago, so it is a London station (originally licenced to St. Thomas).

August 25, 2018 1:39 pm  #4

Don't Forget the number 1 station in London Easy 101 from Tillsonburg. 

August 26, 2018 9:42 am  #5

tri-cities wrote:

Don't Forget . . .

Where do "tri-cities" end and "golden triangle" begins?

K.

October 16, 2018 11:52 am  #6

Yup, 4-6pm is CTV News Channel. The commercial breaks from TV are replaced by local news, weather, live traffic and other local stuff, plus a few local spots. I don't think it's anybody's dream lineup, but it's surprisingly listenable. Having Todd van der Heyden present an hour of news with local breaks every few minutes ends up being a brisk and peppy show, especially up against Corus' news wheel or the CBC's CBC-style CBC.