sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2018 8:35 pm  #1

John "J.D." Roberts Attacked By Other Network Reporters

You have to wonder if there are days when John "J.D." Roberts wishes he was still introducing videos on MuchMusic rather than doing the "Stump for Trump" thing on Fox. 

The former CityPulse anchor has been in the U.S. for years working for CBS, CNN and now Fox. So why are his fellow journalists dissing him publicly on social media?

The whole sordid story can be found at the link below:

Fox News’ John Roberts Defends CNN and NBC News From Trump’s ‘Unfair’ Attacks

July 13, 2018 9:07 pm  #2

Re: John "J.D." Roberts Attacked By Other Network Reporters

Roberts blew it.  Likely had to.  fox woulda fired his ass...no?  ***Noble*** doesn't pay the mortgage...[he said from experience]

July 13, 2018 9:56 pm  #3

By all accounts he willingly engaged in the void that is now his career. He made his bed of maggots and he's humping it.

July 13, 2018 11:40 pm  #4

The Wrap wrote:

Roberts did not refer to Acosta by name — even though the veteran CNN reporter was the one who was rejected by Trump. “In today’s press conference, I paused while my colleague from CNN went back and forth with President Trump over a question,” Roberts explained. “When it became clear that the president wasn’t going to entertain a question from him, I proceeded with my question, as did my fellow colleagues in the press corps.”

We watched the whole news conference. Roberts was not out of line. It was obvious that Trump was not going to take Acosta's question. Roberts, as he said, paused, then asked his question.

Trump really lucked out. If the 12 Russians had not been indicted today, his rambling, muddled, make-no-sense comments at Chequers would have been all over the news nets all weekend.

July 14, 2018 8:48 am  #5

I watched it too Mike.  I thought at the time that JD might have given Jim a little more time to finish making his point...but Roberts walked on THAT vocal.  I also thought...if he doesn't take his chance here...Trumpty Dumpty will move on.   Couldn't win...no matter which way he went.

July 15, 2018 9:43 am  #6

Happened to have CNN on in the background this morning and heard Jake Tapper do the clip with Acosta attempting to ask his question. Acosta had no mike, because Trump had not picked the next questioner.
Trump and May had been taking turns choosing reporters by name, so somebody could get a mic to them, in each case. Trump did not pick Acosta and was looking around, when Acosta jumped in from the front row, right beside Roberts.
This link is for the entire presser and if you go 51-minutes in, you can see what I mean.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hxah3L3T_Lg#fauxfullscreen

[Edit] Think I missed making a point. Not anti-CNN and far from being pro-Fox, in this case, I think Acosta caused this to become a story. Yes, he was aggressive, because he knows by now that Trump will never let him ask a question. At the same time, if he had followed what appeared to be the presser protocol, (wait until you're called upon), this would have been a *non-story.*

Last edited by mike marshall (July 15, 2018 3:27 pm)