sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 23, 2018 9:54 am  #1

E-cigarette and vaping ads coming soon to a TV or radio near you

While cigarette ads have long been banned from TV airwaves both here and in the U.S., there's a possibility that commercials for vaping could soon be seen and heard on local media here, thanks to a quirk in a new law about the promotion of the habit. 

E-cigarette and vaping ads coming soon to a TV, radio or newspaper near you

May 23, 2018 4:27 pm  #2

Re: E-cigarette and vaping ads coming soon to a TV or radio near you

The damn thing is a legal product, is it not?! Either make ALL forms of smoking illegal (not weed for radio employees) or open it wide open. BUT, have a mandatory test every year and a code put on the Health Card indicating you're a smoker. That code would exclude ALL healthcare in relation to smoking. And, it would eliminate the ability for the person to receive an organ transplant. Let Darwin take care of the morons that still smoke by letting them die the hell off. (preferably, in the most painful and public of methods). Believe you me: if youngsters still want to smoke after they see some old geyser with a clogged tracheal tube jammed in their larynx while they struggle to breathe, then have at it.

May 23, 2018 5:24 pm  #3

Irvine wrote:

When's the last time you saw a youngster smoking?  They seem to vape a great deal but don't actually smoke cigarettes. 
 I don't see a problem with advertising e-cigarettes.

Everytime I walk past the high school and pace back-and-forth by the Catholic high school, I see teens smoking cigarettes. (I also see the girls in their hiked-up skirts and... what was I writing...) squirrel.

Advertising e-cigarettes is like advertising toilet paper... who is not buying and using toilet paper?! (other than most of the hill-people in the checkout line in front of me; their anal odours are tremendous -- and not in a good way). Squirrel.

May 24, 2018 6:48 pm  #4

There should be no advertising on any radio. Regrettably, this is unlikely to happen in the near future.