sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 27, 2018 7:33 pm  #1

Dave Trafford Officially Takes Over 'RB Weekend Mornings On Saturday

This Saturday marks the first official handing over of the Motts torch to Dave Trafford, once the news director of both CFRB and Global. He was first revealed as the new host back on April 4th, but it's taken this long to get him out of his previous commitments and on the air. Rerolls and Bill Hayes were being used in the interim. 

In addition to his broadcasting experience, Trafford is also an actor, a musician and a teacher.

So what's the name of this long promised newcomer? "The Weekend Morning Show With Dave Trafford."

I wish him luck, but I hope the show is more original than the title!

Meet Dave Trafford

April 27, 2018 10:55 pm  #2

Re: Dave Trafford Officially Takes Over 'RB Weekend Mornings On Saturday

RadioActive wrote:

He was first revealed as the new host back on April 4th, but it's taken this long to get him out of his previous commitments and on the air.

All I have to ask is why announce the replacement so far in advance? Nobody cares that much about radio anymore. 'RB must have known Trafford wasn't available until Apr 28th. Announcing it on the 4th makes the audience: a) impatient, and b) forget said announcement by the time Trafford (finally) hits the air, even if they were interested.

They could (should?) have let the filler weeks roll by with nary a mention and then go heavy with promos and such this past Monday.

But fifteen years in, I obviously still know nothing.

Last edited by BoredOp (April 27, 2018 10:57 pm)