sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2018 6:04 pm  #1

Tonight's Blue Jay game not on Sportsnet

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

April 18, 2018 6:21 pm  #2

Re: Tonight's Blue Jay game not on Sportsnet

I am Google Casting this to my TV.  The resolution is only 720p and the general quality is not as good.  Mildly annoying.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

April 18, 2018 6:32 pm  #3

I'm casting it as well.  It's watchable but the video quality isn't as good as casting from the Sportsnet app.  (Which we resorted to when we were having some satellite problems.)

I do wish the powers that are would train the announcers in the proper pronounciation of "Toronto".

I miss Buck.

April 18, 2018 7:12 pm  #4

All I got was buffering and choppiness. Don't have that problem on MLB.com or SN Now. 

April 18, 2018 9:13 pm  #5

The highlights on Sportsnet .ca are using the Facebook feed, I watched 10 minutes of it...(had to leave the game) and quite liked what I saw, the broadcast team was fun and a little irreverent...

Here is the link to watch what Facebook baseball's broadcast was like...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/granderson-hits-grand-slam-blue-jays-pound-royals/

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

April 19, 2018 1:14 pm  #6

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

The highlights on Sportsnet .ca are using the Facebook feed, I watched 10 minutes of it...(had to leave the game) and quite liked what I saw, the broadcast team was fun and a little irreverent...

Here is the link to watch what Facebook baseball's broadcast was like...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/granderson-hits-grand-slam-blue-jays-pound-royals/

Guess I'm not as picky as some.

If I could always get all live sports at the quality of the above "Facebook Watch" link, I'd drop my VIP cable in a heartbeat.

April 19, 2018 5:01 pm  #7