sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2018 12:50 pm  #1

CN Tower Radiation Concerns

Its articles like this:   http://www.magdahavas.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/CN-Tower_study-and-article1.pdf    thats spawning a question in regards to all the condos (some at very high levels) to the radiation around the CN Tower.

That article is very dated, and the tests werent properly done as not all the stations were on air, or at full power, but what about now in 2018?  What about also standing in the skypod view deck right below the combined 350,000 watt master FM array?  Its all a bit concerning and doubt its even tested when popping up these condos.

April 18, 2018 1:51 pm  #2

Re: CN Tower Radiation Concerns

Tim Brown 2016 wrote:

I've been up on the roof of First Canadian Place a number of times and I never stay any longer than I need to. Rumour has it you can take a florescent tube up there and the ambient RF will light the tube up. Imagine being on the west side of Scotia Plaza and working on one of the top floors 8 hours/day, 5 days/week.

Safety Code 6

Nobody is really thinking about it seems.  However, the lunch meat one might eat during their break will cause cancer