sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2018 1:42 pm  #1

Another pesky CBC Radio question...

Thanks for indulging me around here and educating me when I ask a question.  Ok, I'm stumped, kinda. Im listening to CBC Radio 1 on 91.5, I've heard them say "CBC Radio 1" several times. I'm pretty sure I know what station I have and that would be CBO Ottawa. But why in good heavens gravy did I just hear an id at :30 after that went, "You're listening to CBC Radio 1, 99.3 FM in Bancroft"? (I have no pre-set notion about Bancroft or what ID I should here, so there's no reason for me to IMAGINE I heard that...) I wasn't near my radio, in the next room.. but i'm pretty sure that's what I heard. 99.3 in Bancoft doesn't relay CBO, it relays CBLA and even if they shared programming, each station still ID's individually. (that last part is solely based upon what I found out online via wiki)  

April 14, 2018 1:45 pm  #2

Re: Another pesky CBC Radio question...

I think I just answered my own question

I just found a CBLA Rebroadcaster I missed somehow. Is CBCO FM Orilla an off air feed of CBLA FM 5 Bancroft?

April 15, 2018 6:51 am  #3

Orillia, Peterborough, Bancroft, Haliburton and Maynooth are all on the same *feed*. The clue is the weather forcast heard after the news. On these stations listeners will always hear Barrie/Huronia and Peterborough and the Kawathas.
Owen Sound, Parry Sound, Penetang and Muskoka [Huntsville] have another feed. The only difference is the forecast and ID's.

April 15, 2018 7:19 pm  #4

little glitches always happen especially weekends 

bancroft is part of the CBC Toronto [CBLA] NETWORK

April 15, 2018 10:55 pm  #5

It's not a glitch.  They rotate ID's for all of the frequencies in the region equally every day.