sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2018 9:42 am  #1

Steve Anthony Leaving CP24 – And Broadcasting

Steve Anthony has a long history on Toronto airwaves. But that "history" is about to be history. FYImusicnews.ca notes that Anthony has officially announced he's stepping away from broadcasting, after “25 of almost 40 years waking up at around 3 am.”

He says he's not retiring just moving on to other ventures.

His last day is March 29th.

You can read the story and watch his announcement here.

March 16, 2018 6:17 am  #2

Re: Steve Anthony Leaving CP24 – And Broadcasting

That's sad eh?
One of my greatest memories of him is back in his Much Music days when he was a VJ live just outside 299 Queen west and he was telling everyone who wanted a hot dog that the hot dog vendor just down the street is cheaper! Now THAT was great television!! 
If I were the hot dog vendor there that day I would have lowered my prices to match the other guy. 
Oh well...
Thanks for great radio and television Steve!

Last edited by Radiowiz (March 16, 2018 6:17 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 21, 2018 10:59 am  #3

Enjoy Steve.  If it ain't enjoyable...why bother?  Bon voyage.

March 29, 2018 9:56 am  #4

Early this morning, John Moore tweeted, "CP24 running footage of @SteveAnthony trying to drop kick a tractor and breaking his hip. Such happy memories."

I watched Steve on the morning show every now and then. Seems like a good guy. It's smart to know when to leave. But after working on-air in radio and/or television, whether you're asked to go, or exit voluntarily, it's a strange feeling the first few months, waking up, and having no show, skipping the show prep, walking around town as somebody without the major part of how the world related to you there anymore. Not a bad thing, but still a huge change.

Good luck Steve.

Last edited by betaylored (March 29, 2018 10:02 am)