sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 13, 2018 5:18 pm  #1

CKO The greatest hits.. well not even close..

Found a cassette tape of a thing I did back at CKO Toronto (99.1 FM) in 1985. Late one night while WineView was rolling out, I got bored and ended up in a small production room with a cassette, r2r and a triple cart deck and there were a bunch of 'boot' carts lying around the newsroom.

So I found some music on a tape, and played it while madly switching in and out carts on the fly. None of that gimmicky multi-track stuff here . Anyway, This was the result. I don't remember why I put it together but listening back to it 33 years later, I think it paints a picture of what it was like at the little station that couldn't.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

February 13, 2018 10:09 pm  #2

Re: CKO The greatest hits.. well not even close..

That was produced very well. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

February 13, 2018 11:14 pm  #3

ig wrote:

Found a cassette tape of a thing I did back at CKO Toronto (99.1 FM) in 1985. Late one night while WineView was rolling out, I got bored and ended up in a small production room with a cassette, r2r and a triple cart deck and there were a bunch of 'boot' carts lying around the newsroom.

So I found some music on a tape, and played it while madly switching in and out carts on the fly. None of that gimmicky multi-track stuff here . Anyway, This was the result. I don't remember why I put it together but listening back to it 33 years later, I think it paints a picture of what it was like at the little station that couldn't.

Couldn't even come up with an original slogan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElDuIa-c6AM

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

February 13, 2018 11:21 pm  #4

Didn’t CNN launch with the world in 20 minutes or something like that.
All part of the 20/20 news clock I’d guess.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.