sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 12, 2018 9:56 am  #1

How Does This Happen?

I was listening to CFRB Monday morning and I heard a spot for Butler Mortgage. Immediately after it ended, an announcement came on telling us that “Moore In The Morning” is brought to you by Alpine Credits, a direct Butler Mortgage rival.

I won’t say it happens all the time, but I’ve heard it occur often enough that I can’t help but wonder: isn’t there a traffic continuity department that’s supposed to prevent two competitors’ messages from airing back-to-back? 

February 12, 2018 4:24 pm  #2

Re: How Does This Happen?

Bell Media Radio Traffic is all done from Hamilton. People doing multiple stations. Probably not enough time to pay attention to stuff like that as closely as they once did.

February 12, 2018 5:38 pm  #3

Scraps wrote:

People doing multiple stations. Probably not enough time to pay attention to stuff like that as closely as they once did.

True. But, the automation software we use allows for coding on each element.  Using that, and a non-repeat protocol, eliminates this issue.  It used to only be used on song elements, but was expanded to include all categories.

February 12, 2018 7:26 pm  #4

I'm gonna guess that the credit was logged as an ID, some of which may or not be sponsored.  No conflict code for an ID, that I'm aware of.