sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 29, 2015 1:39 am  #1

Thanks for the memories...

It's a corny header, but it really says what I mean.

I asked for help awhile back and I've been overwhelmed by the response.

Did I really get in that many fights, verbal & fists?  (5 nose jobs, one was surgical)

Did I really steal a drug-dealer and a limousine the same night?  (and how the hell do you "steal a drug-dealer" anyway?)

Warren Cosford is right.  I don't remember any of the best stories about me, but fortunately (? I guess...) others do.

The best book ever written that I've ever read about Canadian broadcasting is Max Ferguson: And Now Here's Max...  Read it and be prepared to be doubled over laughing
!

There is a problem though as I see it that the CBC has claimed Canadian radio historically as it's own.

Private radio broadcasters had very few opportunities to gain national exposure outside of the CBC.  We've always been intensely local at our best. I got around this by reporting for ABC Radio News which was syndicated by Broadcast News in Canada.  Where there's a will, there's a way.

I haven't worked in Ottawa for 30 years but one of my daughters told me she's still known as "Mark Elliot's kid".

Whatever I do today with the life I very publicly lived is to show that even when you get as "F$%&@#D" as I did there is a way back.  You even have to reinvent yourself in the process. And if I can do it, you can too!

I'm enjoying what I have to write about. 
Thanks!
Mark

Last edited by Mark Elliot (September 29, 2015 3:54 pm)