sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2018 10:12 pm  #1

Radio listeners happily back "Under The Influence"

A thread or fifty ago, "ig" did a quick BTW mention about how great Terry O'Reilly's long running radio show "Under The Influence" is, and I agree. While the merits/future existence of the mother ship a.k.a. the C.B.C. can be debated til the cows come home, Under The Influence is one thing they get right.

The new season started airing three weeks ago , it's on Radio One at 11:30am every Thursday and Saturday, plus the podcast.

If you've never listened to Terry unravel the intricacies of pop culture/media/products and how they are created, are marketed, and why they succeed and fail, give the show a listen, it's thirty minutes well spent.

Last edited by betaylored (January 18, 2018 10:15 pm)

January 18, 2018 10:26 pm  #2

Re: Radio listeners happily back "Under The Influence"

Indeed. It should be required listening for all young people to arm them for the blitzkrieg of bullshit that lies ahead.

January 18, 2018 10:39 pm  #3

Agreed. I only have one or two appointment radio shows in a week and this is one of them. And if you miss an episode, they're available online here.

January 19, 2018 8:42 am  #4

You can also set it up on Apple's Podcast App to download automatically to your IOS device each week.
Radioactive...and your other appointment radio show is.....?

January 19, 2018 8:52 am  #5

It's "Touchdowns And Fumbles," the 11:30 AM segment on RB that airs every Friday. I like stuff that deals with the media, and both shows do.