sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2018 9:08 pm  #1

Corus' AM 640 Adding New All Night Radio Talk Show From B.C.

When Matt Gurney visited Toronto Mike earlier this month, he talked about a new show that would take the place of the now departed Coast-to-Coast AM. And now we know what it is - "The Shift With Drex" will originate from CKNW in Vancouver and air on AM 640 (and CHML) from 1 -5 AM as a national program that will follow Charles Adler. 

Drex aka Justin Wilcomes is well known out west but is a definite newcomer here. He's an Australian who made his home in Canada several years ago, after getting his start in radio Down Under. That in itself will add a new kind of voice to the airwaves. 

I have no idea if it will be a good show or not, but I have to give Corus credit for one thing - despite less than wonderful ratings for their Toronto talk station, they now have a Monday-Friday line-up that is all Canadian and all original, without any rerolls. Not even CFRB can make that statement. 

The new show debuts Jan. 22.

New late-night national talk show ‘The Shift with Drex’ coming to Corus Radio

Last edited by RadioActive (January 15, 2018 9:18 pm)

January 16, 2018 11:03 am  #2

Re: Corus' AM 640 Adding New All Night Radio Talk Show From B.C.

So Corus basically looked deep into their past and read the W.I,C. notes (for overnights) 
Back in the Mid 90's when they first went all talk (October 11, 1995), the overnight content came from Vancouver... (excluding the first night when they aired an encore presentation of the Fabulous Sports Babe)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 17, 2018 6:45 am  #3

Re: Corus' AM 640 Adding New All Night Radio Talk Show From B.C.

He's not worthy of the late night slot if he's not aware of the ancient astronaut theory.