sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2018 2:10 pm  #1

Traffic on Z103.5

I was real surprised to hear a traffic report on Z103.5 this morning in the 11am hour. I wouldn't have expected a traffic report on the weekends, on this station. I rarely hear any long form news or weather on similarly formatted radio stations

Paul
Ridgway, Pennsylvania

January 6, 2018 5:23 pm  #2

Re: Traffic on Z103.5

RadioPaulPA wrote:

I was real surprised to hear a traffic report on Z103.5 this morning in the 11am hour. I wouldn't have expected a traffic report on the weekends, on this station. I rarely hear any long form news or weather on similarly formatted radio stations

Paul
Ridgway, Pennsylvania

This does not surprise me at all.
Z103 is in a lot of hot water right now with the CRTC for not serving Orangeville Ontario properly.
I think this is their quick fix to show the CRTC that they are actually doing something on week-ends to better serve Orangeville rather than Toronto. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 6, 2018 7:02 pm  #3

Smoke and Mirrors...and fly attracting B.S.  These 103-5 guys have 0 credibility.  They should have been defrocked.

January 7, 2018 7:38 am  #4

RadioPaulPA wrote:

I was real surprised to hear a traffic report on Z103.5 this morning in the 11am hour. I wouldn't have expected a traffic report on the weekends 

Orangeville is on one of the 3 main routes north out of the Greater Toronto Area to cottage country (summer) and ski country (winter).     At this time of year, local road closures (winter whiteouts) are of interest to anyone getting out of Dodge.     Jody Thornton is excellent but he can't be everywhere  

January 7, 2018 10:26 am  #5

Jonny wrote:

RadioPaulPA wrote:

I was real surprised to hear a traffic report on Z103.5 this morning in the 11am hour. I wouldn't have expected a traffic report on the weekends 

Orangeville is on one of the 3 main routes north out of the Greater Toronto Area to cottage country (summer) and ski country (winter).     At this time of year, local road closures (winter whiteouts) are of interest to anyone getting out of Dodge.     Jody Thornton is excellent but he can't be everywhere  

I know less then nothing about Orangeville, just what I see on google maps and read about... it didnt look like a heavily trafficked place.

Thanks!

January 7, 2018 10:31 am  #6

grilled.cheese wrote:

RadioPaulPA wrote:

I know less then nothing about Orangeville, just what I see on google maps and read about... it didnt look like a heavily trafficked place.

Thanks!

It's not. 

Rush hour consists of some errant cattle and drunk drivers in F-250's

LOL That genuinely made me.. laugh out loud.  Thanks!