sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 26, 2017 10:10 am  #1

And now back to regular programming!

Ok Big Yella, now that Christmas is over...we will get back to more regular programming and music...but with New Years coming next...now is a good time of don your Psychic Nikki hats and do your best Kreskin impressions and share your fearless predictions around radio, TV and the media...this can be a fun thread...so have fun with it!

As I gaze into my crystal ball, I see more Roz and Mocha commercials on TV and by the end of the year 640 Toronto will have a better PPM book...

I am going out on a limb with these predictions, but so be it. It is what I see...

Now, what are your predictions? (Be sure to have fun with this) Plus, let's see what happens next year at this time?

Have a great Boxing Day! It's cold as heck, so stay inside and order online!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

January 2, 2018 6:07 pm  #2

Re: And now back to regular programming!

Had to think about this one for awhile, Muffaraw Joe, it's a good thread, and a real head scratcher.

In 2018:

John Moore will expand his horizons. I don't think he'll leave the Newstalk 1010 morning show, but he has casually mentioned his desire to change things up.

GNR 640 Toronto gets the credit it deserves for promoting women in radio, and having more female on-air talent hosting shows, than most other stations. Supriya, Kelly, Tasha, Alex plus Sandy and Tina in the newsroom, and the various traffic reporters and board operators all add up to a strong presence.

Frank D'Angelo and Ed the Sock get their own show. (Okay, I jest, but creative programming will be the driving spirit of radio in order to get listeners listening more.)

Pipes make a return, with old school sexy, real radio voices, and larger than life characters on the airwaves.

Radio figures out how to maximize the "Blue Bird Of App-yness" and really starts using Twitter in every way possible, with links to funny, interesting show excerpts, and entire shows. Tweeting becomes an invitation from radio to listeners to rediscover why radio is still a valid medium, and can inform, entertain, and speak to people. And radio, for heaven's sake folks, is free!

Last edited by betaylored (January 2, 2018 7:49 pm)