sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2017 6:34 pm  #1

NFL Television Coverage

I don't know how many of you follow the NFL or are curious as to who sees what game. A gentleman in New Brunswick has a website called 506sports and every Wednesday afternoon he uploads colourcoded maps of all CBS and FOX games including principle cities. In NY state Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse Albany and NYC are on the Map. Canadian cities Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver are also included. I am sure CTV uses the maps to see how many simsubs they can lock up. Most of the CTV affiliates are picking up the  4:25 Carolina/New Orleans game which is FOX's top telecast. However, BC and Alberta viewers get stuck with the less attractive L.A. Rams/Arizona Cardinals because that is what FOX Seattle and Spokane are carrying. Even worse, Montreal viewers get stuck with the dreadful NY Giants playing the slightly better Oakland Raiders because FOX Burlington is carrying that game. Blacked out markets are also indicated. The maps are incredibly accurate. I don't know how he gets the info. Possibly going to individual station websites. It is a great way  to plan my Sunday afternoon viewing.