sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2017 8:52 pm  #1

WTF Was That On Funny 820 Friday Night?

I’m aware that CHAM doesn’t bring in a lot of cash for Bell Media, which explains those idiotic infomercials that run for Purity Products every Sunday morning. (Does anyone ever actually buy that snake oil?)

So I wasn’t quite prepared when I passed by the station on Friday night to hear someone talking about a few stories that had been in the news that very day. Clearly, this was not a comedy bit. Instead they had a guy on who sounded like he was doing a very bad impression of George Harrison, along with a crew of other misfits.

WTF was this and what is it doing on Funny 820? Turns out it’s something called “The Cadillac Bill Show,” which I’m led to believe also airs on local Hamilton cable. I can’t quite describe this show, because it didn’t seem to be about anything, and went on and on for an hour for no apparent reason. It appears to be hosted by the leader of a local Hamilton band and his fellow musicians. But The Monkees it’s not.

They love to talk about “records,” a term I haven’t heard used on the radio so often since the 60s. But it appears I may have been the only one listening. As anyone who’s worked in broadcasting knows, offer anything – even a used banana peel – as a giveaway and someone will call to claim it. Not on this show. They offered up one of those “records” as a prize, gave out the phone number repeatedly and no one called.

It seems it’s been on the air for at least a month, but this is the first time I’ve ever heard it. If you’d like to sample it, it airs on Funny 820 every Friday night at 7 PM.

Now where did I put those Purity Products?

The Cadillac Bill Show website

November 5, 2017 12:04 am  #2

Re: WTF Was That On Funny 820 Friday Night?

RadioActive wrote:

They offered up one of those “records” as a prize, gave out the phone number repeatedly and no one called.

That's is the funniest phucking thing ever to emanate from the broadcast studios of Funny 820!!! 

EVER!!!!

November 5, 2017 2:15 am  #3

Is it the station or the music? I mean, yeah, it's the station, but the music? 
The show is a Blue planet pictures production. Were they even playing AM friendly music? 
(er, giving it away)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 5, 2017 2:19 am  #4

Is it the station or the music? I mean, yeah, it's the station, but the music? 
The show is a Planet Blue pictures production. Were they even playing AM friendly music? 
(er, giving it away)

http://planetbluepictures.com/

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.