sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2015 4:19 pm  #1

What's an internet radio station worth?

I use radionomy for a couple of radio stations and make, if I'm lucky, about $200 US a month.

Have had a couple of offers, but none like this so far .    It shows there's hope though...

----------8<-------------
(Via Reuters)

Wirtualna Polska Holding SA (Wirtualna Polska) :
* Said on Wednesday that it signed deals to acquire two Internet radio stations OpenFM and PolskaStacja.pl
* OpenFM was purchased from GG Network SA and PolskaStacja.pl from Polska Stacja sc
* Total price of acquisition is 4 million zlotys ($1.1 million)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/28/idUSL5N0YJ1J720150528

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

May 28, 2015 4:27 pm  #2

Re: What's an internet radio station worth?

(Via All Access)

Ad market sales remained flat during APRIL, though Internet Radio proved a strong exception, up 32% during the month, according to a report from STANDARD MEDIA INDEX (SMI), which tracks 80% of total national U.S. agency spending from the booking systems of five of the six global media holding groups, as well as leading independents.

SMI said the total market rose by just 1% both for the month and also for the calendar year-to-date, according to its latest report.

Despite every other sector slowing or showing little movement for the month, digital ad bookings jumped by a healthy 21% on a year-on-year basis.

“SMI’s data reinforces what most commentators are saying, which is that traditional media continues to remain soft as brands expand their investment in digital. We see large traditional TV advertisers, like retail and financial services, move significant dollars into digital at the expense of their television spend.  The encouraging news for content owners and creators is that a lot of this money is finding its way into digital video as advertisers look to align their brands with premium content,” said SMI Chief Commercial Officer JAMES FENNESSY.

Traditional TV advertisers food, dairy and produce (-14%), retail (-12%) and financial services (-4%) all pulled back on TV spending, but recorded double-digit growth in digital.
In addition to the gains showed by Internet Radio, Social Media grew 70% year-on-year as did video (+44%) and ad networks/ad exchanges (+35%).

By contrast, terrestrial radio advertising was down 12% for the month.

- See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/141796/smi-survey-internet-radio-ad-spending-up-terrestia#sthash.PTHkGMB7.dpuf

October 28, 2017 5:31 pm  #3

You're not just gonna grab the first $million or two that comes along are you, Iain?

October 28, 2017 5:45 pm  #4

geo wrote:

You're not just gonna grab the first $million or two that comes along are you, Iain?

Ofcourse I would.

October 28, 2017 5:55 pm  #5

ig wrote:

geo wrote:

Ofcourse I would.

Market is hot; recommend holding out for $3 mil.

October 29, 2017 12:26 pm  #6

ig wrote:

I use radionomy for a couple of radio stations and make, if I'm lucky, about $200 US a month.

Have had a couple of offers, but none like this so far .    It shows there's hope though...

So how does one find ig's stations?

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs... 
~ John McClane

October 29, 2017 3:14 pm  #7

echomaster wrote:

So how does one find ig's stations?   

Some must find them entertaining or he wouldn't be pocketing $200/month