sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 26, 2017 1:58 pm  #1

Does 640 not listen to itself?

I realize most listeners don't typically listen to one station all day, BUT AM640 has a habit of creating their shows as stand-alone islands.  Instead of a nice flow of ever-changing topics throughout the day, 640 will repeat topics from a previous show.  When Stafford and his ever-interrupting board monkeys introduce a topic (and generally milk it for all its worth), the next host, Tashia and then Kelly and finally Grandpa Oakley also talk about the very same subjects. It's highly repetitive and shows that producers don't seem to get together and compare notes.

But, then again, they have virtually no numbers and seem to have no interest of increasing them. Sad, really, that such a golden opportunity is wasted.

September 26, 2017 4:40 pm  #2

Re: Does 640 not listen to itself?

BZZT wrong  
Other end of the GTA.
West of you even!!  .

grilled.cheese wrote:

cGrant sounds like he's a P1 listener.
No bus cancellations in Northumberland this morning. 

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

September 26, 2017 4:56 pm  #3

cGrant wrote:

I realize most listeners don't typically listen to one station all day, BUT . . .

AGREED!    Do you know anyone who doesn't have AM 640 pre-set on their vehicle's radio receiver?    Maybe it's just for 3, 4, 5 times a day like the highly vaunted 680 News.  For whatever reason, people are tuning into their faves like Oakley, Conrad Black, Cam Stewart & Lou Schizas

September 26, 2017 5:24 pm  #4

cGrant is evidently a clever marketing tool under contract to Toronto 640 to stir up this kind of feedback; do you agree Charlie? 

September 26, 2017 6:04 pm  #5

Charlie wrote:

Why should I?

Because you're obviously a lateral thinker, like Conrad Black

September 26, 2017 6:16 pm  #6

I like Mike