sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2017 11:23 am  #2

Re: grilled.cheese goes national

But...avoid the 'new' grilled cheese sandwich at Tim's.  The accompanying soup is sort of 'O.K.ish' but the sandwich is only either cheese-like or is it cheese lite?  Tim's should pretty much stick to donuts, tim-bits and coffee and leave the actual food part to someone else who doesn't think that grub should merely taste pre-fab and kinda.

Cheese-boy here would likely taste better.  I wonder if he can be written into Robinson Crusoe for a true taste test?

September 20, 2017 12:25 pm  #3

Old Codger wrote:

But...avoid the 'new' grilled cheese sandwich at Tim's.  The accompanying soup is sort of 'O.K.ish' but the sandwich is only either cheese-like or is it cheese lite?  Tim's should pretty much stick to donuts, tim-bits and coffee and leave the actual food part to someone else who doesn't think that grub should merely taste pre-fab and kinda.

Cheese-boy here would likely taste better.  I wonder if he can be written into Robinson Crusoe for a true taste test?

If you've been to a 2017 Tims they should stay away from everything and just close down while they are ahead.
The frozen donuts are awful (they get thawed on site these days, not baked on site)
Their coffee has gone way down hill as of late.
I have nothing nice to say about Tim Horton's.
Such a shame too because they were once a great restaurant.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 20, 2017 2:48 pm  #4

OK...I didn't know 'bout the donuts...as I'm not a cop.  I had a Tim's coffee a couple of weeks ago.  My significant other makes great coffee...but she's Italian.  Tim?  He was from up Timmins/Cochrane way.  The coffee?  Over-rated to the nth degree.

Their food really is just downright deplorable.  I remember trying their version of an egg mcmuffin about 10 years ago...maybe it was 9.  Horse-shit!!!   I was in there again on Monday, as we were on the road and the little lady had to take a wicked leak.  So I thought how can they pre-fab and ruin a grilled cheese sandwich?  Impossible?  No.  They did it.

And they're a traffic hazard both going in and out and especially for those intelligently passing by.  But when ya gotta pee and that's all there is... ... ...

I agree then.  Close 'em all down.  [And nail 'em for false advertising before you do.  THAT ain't food.]

Last edited by Old Codger (September 20, 2017 2:49 pm)

September 20, 2017 3:23 pm  #5

grilled.cheese wrote:

McDonald's coffee is where it's at.  I really like Country Style doughnuts but the stores seem to be disappearing. 

If you're in the GTA, try Donut Counter at Bayview and Cummer.  Their coffee is terrific, and though I cannot have doughnuts regularly (Type II - Boooo!), the dutchies are terrific.

I also love McRaunchies coffee.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

September 20, 2017 4:01 pm  #6

grilled.cheese wrote:

McDonald's coffee is where it's at.  I really like Country Style doughnuts but the stores seem to be disappearing. 

The Country Style radio ads are pretty good, and I agree g.c. the stores are disappearing, as are the Second Cup stores.

Tim Hortons "edibles" can best be described with a line from the movie 'Say Anything' which goes, "there's no food in that food!" although the character was talking about McDonald's at the time...quelle surprise..

September 20, 2017 7:41 pm  #7

=12pxGrilled Cheese wrote:  =12pxMcDonald's coffee is where it's at.  I really like Country Style doughnuts but the stores seem to be disappearing."=   Anyway I am with Grilled Cheese; on both counts.  I really do miss Country Style Donuts.  They close them down all the time. I have a Tim's two minutes away; on each side of me.  Love that McDonald's coffee.  Buy if by the bag for home.

Sorry don't know hot to make an official quote.  Just equals signs and numbers.

Last edited by AMFM (September 20, 2017 7:44 pm)

September 20, 2017 11:13 pm  #8

AMFM wrote:

Sorry don't know hot to make an official quote.  Just equals signs and numbers.

There's a little quote doohicuss over here on the right side.  Just click on it and let nature do the rest. >>