sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2017 9:29 am  #1

The First Amendment and Boobs/ Fox News Host on CNN

Fox Sports Host

Last edited by Fitz (September 16, 2017 9:31 am)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

September 16, 2017 10:01 am  #2

Re: The First Amendment and Boobs/ Fox News Host on CNN

Bullshit.  Faux outrage and 'kicking' the guest after the segment is over?

If he'd said balls it wouldn't have registered.

I ___hate___ this whole "Fake News" crap, but this is a shining example of it. Fake controversy for clicks.

The guys an idiot and says dumb things. CNN booker knew that when they booked him.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

September 16, 2017 12:12 pm  #3

Personally I like the guest, he is a straight shooter...I could not watch more than 2 minutes of this clip...I find watching news these days, especially in the States, makes me sick.

Everyone has an opinion and is trashing someone or something...it reminds me of a Jerry Springer episode...I love thoughtful journalism, documentaries, panelists that have common sense, good discussion that debates the issues and attempts to find common ground, new ideas and solutions...not these talking heads who are outraged over the fact he said, "Boobs"! Really "boobs"? Big deal people, get on with it...frig...and get to the point.

On the same topic they were discussing, Bob McCown covered the same issue, on Prime Time Sports on Thursday's Show...he did a great treatment of the issue and discussed the challenges that sports stations are having in today's changing media environment...in other words it was well handled and was a side show, that we see on CNN or other American news outlets...

Here is a link to the podcast with Bob McCown from the 14th...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-time-sports/prime-time-sports-september-14-6pm-3/

The link takes you directly to the Hill issue and also you will hear about the challenges ESPN is having these days, after being on top for years!

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (September 16, 2017 12:18 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 16, 2017 4:05 pm  #4

I saw this incident live.

Brooke Baldwin is a serious journalist. Her "mistake" was assuming the guest was there to have a serious, adult discussion about the controversy of the ESPN host's "Trump is a white supremacist" comment.

Ms. Baldwin was legitimately stunned & asked the guest three times to confirm what he said. 

The guest's comments could well be "acceptable" on other shows of different framework but were certainly not appropriate on Ms. Baldwin's afternoon news show.  No more appropriate than saying the only two things I believe in are "the 1st amendment and boobs" on the "Sunday Money Show with Alan Cameron".

The guest's demeanour & presentation were simply juvenile.  This is the bane of the Trump era; the bar of appropriate civility continues to lower.  Whatever happened to giving consideration to the right time & right place.  Whether Ms. Baldwin was offended or not, the guest is still an arrogant juvenile.

It's no wonder I find myself saying "grow the hell up" more often these days.

September 16, 2017 4:11 pm  #5

We agree to disagree.

I believe she knew and heard exactly what was said when it was said.
I believe she turned it into an outrage 'bit'' knowing she could get traction from it.

I also believe if she was as "outraged" as she was she would have dumped the guest immediately and not turned it into an improv exercise till the end of the bit.

September 16, 2017 4:21 pm  #6

I honest don't think so Iain.  At first, I also thought the guest had said "booze, not boobs" as well.  That's why she clarified with the guest three times to confirm what he said.

I watch Brooke's show often.  She bites her tongue a lot & isn't into creating faux outrage.

September 16, 2017 6:36 pm  #7

ig wrote:

I believe she knew and heard exactly what was said when it was said.

Nope. There are many things that sound like boobs, like booths and booze, etc...
She would have dragged it out a lot more if there was intent to do so.
She would have said "booths? You mean like a phone booth? Not many of those around"
OH...booze? You're a drinker??

Very easy to do a lot more with this like it's some sort of Saturday night live sketch or something, but it did not happen that way.
Clearly she simply did not hear correctly.

Last edited by Radiowiz (September 16, 2017 6:37 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 16, 2017 6:39 pm  #8

g121 wrote:

I honest don't think so Iain.  At first, I also thought the guest had said "booze, not boobs" as well.  That's why she clarified with the guest three times to confirm what he said.

I watch Brooke's show often.  She bites her tongue a lot & isn't into creating faux outrage.

Fair point. I've never watched her that I know of, and just felt while I was watching it that she was setting him up for the outrage.

September 16, 2017 9:04 pm  #9

The fallout, as reported by Fortune magazine:

CNN Anchor Slams Fox Sports Radio Host for On-Air ‘Boobs’ Comment

September 16, 2017 9:31 pm  #10

So was he booked because of his line?   

They're milking the he'll out of this boobs story now.

(I know...)

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/the-fix/wp/2017/09/15/clay-travis-used-his-first-amendment-and-boobs-line-long-before-he-shocked-cnn/

September 17, 2017 9:25 pm  #11

Brook's a CNN bonus.  The guest was/IS a complete dick.  They should turf these sub-par twits.  Why even bring them onto their air-space?

"Producer...Lose this mini-talent.  Cut his mic/drop his visage from the screen.  He isn't a big enough boy to warrant anymore of our airtime."  There are enough buffoons on TV already without having to subject our audience to another second of this 1/2 miler."

They should read that and exercise it on an ongoing basis.  AND...when it isn't the guest's turn to talk...their microphone should be potted OFF.

The cacophony that passes for journalism and news these days is an insult to the intelligence of anyone with an IQ higher that 40.

Now let's purchase some drugs which might ease your acne problem.  Who cares about the stroke it'll cause or the fact that your arse'll snap shut for a month causing severe constipation?  Your face'll look great.  Wanna buy some life insurance?  No questions asked.  Oh and that equity in your home?  You're set for life.  Spend you stupid Mo/Fo.  Spend.

Did we mention the drugs?  The home security system?  The stair-lift?  The drugs?

Good gawd!!!  The lowest common denominator is running the western world...with a president to match.

Were fucked.

September 17, 2017 10:52 pm  #12

Not to be confused with CNN's Kate Baldouan, who is a much better broadcast journalist, imho.

September 18, 2017 8:37 am  #13

There's a time and place for things and he should have known not to say such on a CNN afternoon news program. The CNN people should not have allowed him on and this was a case of the media's "both siderism" gone awry as it often does on the shouting match segments..

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

September 18, 2017 2:24 pm  #14

That's one of the problems with CNN, which is ADDICTED to this kind of mini-McLaughlin Group garbage...where much yelling and screaming is done because one of the panelists decides to act like an A-hole.

They WANT the clickbait. They WANT the notoriety. Don't give it to them.

September 19, 2017 5:51 am  #15

Isn't it funny how "controversies" like this are almost exclusively limited to US television? I'm not going to claim it was staged, but I feel it's obvious the US cable news nets deliberately pick guests they know have the potential to make a scene. This guy in particular immediately gives off bro sports writer vibes, and not stuffy stats cruncher.

I guess that's their attempt to make talking head opinion television something people would want to watch. I'm still not watching.

September 19, 2017 9:17 am  #16

ckg927 wrote:

That's one of the problems with CNN, which is ADDICTED to this kind of mini-McLaughlin Group garbage...where much yelling and screaming is done because one of the panelists decides to act like an A-hole.

They WANT the clickbait. They WANT the notoriety. Don't give it to them.

Clickbait is the store bought chocolate chip cookie you pick up in a rush of hunger, bite into, then realize with dismay that those chocolate chips are raisins.