sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2017 1:19 pm  #1

What Is The Most Annoying Radio Station In Toronto?

There's a story in the Star on Tuesday about a Riverdale resident who was so fed up with constant movie shoots in the vacant house next door, that he took a stereo outside and blared a radio station through the speakers, seeking to disrupt the production. The article goes on to explain how he was arrested by police and booked on mischief and other charges.

Man arrested for disrupting HBO movie production in Riverdale

That's all well and good. Well, maybe not so good. But to me, the story leaves out the most important detail - what was the station he was using to annoy them? Inquiring minds want to know which one he turned on that he thought would be the most irritating to have to listen to through loudspeakers.

And since there are no all-heavy metal stations in the city that would put out a ton of Gwar and other unlistenables, I'm wondering what your choice would be for the station you would turn up to 11 on your amps if you wanted to bug your neighbours.

September 12, 2017 1:58 pm  #2

Re: What Is The Most Annoying Radio Station In Toronto?

CHFI during their "all Christmas tunes all the time" season, which seems to start earlier every year. Ho-Ho-Horrible!

September 12, 2017 2:08 pm  #3

My vote would go to Vibe 105.5, but only because they tend to play music with high bass. That bombastic "boom boom," when turned up very high, can make your neighbours' windows rattle and would be far more disruptive than say, Classical 96.3.

September 13, 2017 5:30 pm  #4

CHUM FM - constant Hedley and mediocre pop music bragging as "todays best music" - was a bit better when I was stuck listening to it at work a few years back when they atleast mixed some 80s in the mix and had Ingrid Schumacher.  Somehow they are up there in the ratings