sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2016 11:58 pm  #1

A Broadcaster's Fantasy Book...Who Would You Buy ???

As I slowly fade to black I have been thinking lately about some of the great broadcasters I've either worked with -- competed against or simply enjoyed listening to...

Now I'd say the majority of them that I have admired the most are either pushing up daisies or retired...

To that end I wonder the following --  if folks here could buy the life story in book form of a  legendary Southwestern Ontario radio or tv guy or gal -- living or dead --  a book on their life in broadcasting just who you might select.??

Chances are it would be someone with a long and probably illustrious career...but then again maybe not !

I'll start by telling you that the book I'd love to read would be penned by Ron Hewat.

I've never met Mr. Hewat but I know of him and his long career both behind the mic and in so many other facets of the business. A Ron Hewat book could be a real eye opener. 

He is my fantasy choice and I think a good one...how about you ???

Last edited by unclefester (September 14, 2016 11:59 pm)

September 15, 2016 8:40 am  #2

Re: A Broadcaster's Fantasy Book...Who Would You Buy ???

I'll betcha Duff Roman has a few stories to tell.  From out west to the 'big smoke' to Ottawa...Duff saw a whole lot and knew almost everybody.  I doubt he'd do a 'tell all' BUT...if he did.  Well..........LOOKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 15, 2016 1:07 pm  #3

Re: A Broadcaster's Fantasy Book...Who Would You Buy ???

Supposedly Jack Armstrong - ex of CHUM and WKBW in these parts - wrote a memoir and his daughters were looking for a publisher. Now THAT I would read.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram