sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2016 4:33 pm  #1

Potential (sports) radio changes in London ON

http://tinyurl.com/zl4hy8e

Knights radio broadcasts changing along with Mike Stubbs

June 30, 2016 5:55 pm  #2

Re: Potential (sports) radio changes in London ON

CJBK has been on the downward  track ever since they fired morning man Steve Garrison...

If I read the numbers right their recent book was not a good one with losses just about everywhere...

They are suffering and now this....and who can we thank for all of this ???

Join me Old Codger in once again saluting the bean counters in Toronto...this is their handywork...

June 30, 2016 7:18 pm  #3

unclefester wrote:

CJBK has been on the downward  track ever since . . .

One might argue that London has struggled since Canada Trust, Labatt, London Life and Navistar relocated but Fester would counter that they all had accountants in Toronto who sat around counting beans

July 1, 2016 12:02 am  #4

LOSat wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/zl4hy8e

Knights radio broadcasts changing along with Mike Stubbs

I just visited the CJBK website and I can tell you that Mike Stubbs is front and center as of this posting at midnight.

Now THAT is odd assuming the London Free Press report is correct...as we know it's the station website that is cleaned and cleansed almost instantly in the case of firings/dismissals/departures...

Strange indeed...

July 1, 2016 8:26 am  #5

=18pxAM980 has entered into an agreement to be the official broadcaster of the London Knights starting in the 2016-17 season and for the following four seasons.
=18px“We are excited to be starting a new chapter with AM980 and their broadcast team,” said London Knights Owner and President Dale Hunter. “I would like to thank Bell Media and 1290 CJBK for an amazing partnership over the past 22 years. They have been with us during some of the biggest moments in franchise history and we truly appreciate the work we have been able to do together.”

There's no mention of Mike Stubbs moving to AM980 but CTV London reported that yesterday was his last day and that he indeed was going to CFPL AM and will continue as play by play man for the Knights.

Last edited by zed (July 1, 2016 8:28 am)

July 1, 2016 12:42 pm  #6

Kilgore wrote:

unclefester wrote:

CJBK has been on the downward  track ever since . . .

London has struggled since Navistar relocated 

?????????

Last edited by unclefester (July 1, 2016 12:53 pm)

July 1, 2016 1:30 pm  #7

unclefester wrote:

?????????

If Fiat/Chrysler left Brampton or IBM departed Markham, Toronto wd be negatively affected.    

When Navistar shut down in Chatham, nearby London caught the flu.     Ask any union steward, realtor, new car dealer or restaurant operator

Last edited by Kilgore (July 1, 2016 1:42 pm)

July 1, 2016 6:03 pm  #8

Kilgore wrote:

unclefester wrote:

?????????

If Fiat/Chrysler left Brampton or IBM departed Markham, Toronto wd be negatively affected.    

When Navistar shut down in Chatham, nearby London caught the flu.     Ask any union steward, realtor, new car dealer or restaurant operator

Oh I see...

I must have missed something or read your post the wrong way...

I took from what you initially wrote that Navistar had checked out of London...and not from a city 120 kilometers down the 401...

oops...