sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 22, 2016 1:19 pm  #1

Radio Noise Being Investigated

The FCC in the U.S. is conducting a major study into the source of radio interference and what can be done to minimize it. I'm guessing AM will wind up being the major focus, but both bands deserve scrutiny. 

As someone who suffered from this for over a year without ever finding the source (it eventually just stopped one day) I wish Industry Canada would initiate a similar plan. 

How much havoc is caused by unwanted radio signals? FCC tries to find out

Last edited by RadioActive (June 22, 2016 1:20 pm)

June 23, 2016 12:29 am  #2

Re: Radio Noise Being Investigated

when am640 & am1010 went head-to-head awful conspiracy shows (Noory vs Bell), i had to find an alternative for late night listening.  so i got a C.Crane internet radio.  not only did it open up worldwide radio options, it also gave me buzz\static free listening.  a win-win : )) .. 

June 23, 2016 7:38 am  #3

g121 wrote:

when am640 & am1010 went head-to-head awful conspiracy shows (Noory vs Bell), i had to find an alternative

STAFFORD & TRAFFORD: ​    what the hell is going on this week?     Stafford for Oakley.    Trafford for Moore.      You're not the only one hitting the scan button

June 23, 2016 9:47 am  #4

is anyone picking up am radio on their fillings these days or are they now picking up podcasts?

June 23, 2016 8:19 pm  #5

When I found myself in the unfortunate position of still being in the Car after 9PM, I switched to my 6CD changer. Problem solved. Stevie Nicks...Oh GAWD!!

I am Here, just not all there.