sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2016 3:53 am  #1

Rogers Supports "Bell Lets Talk Day"

Nice to see! Rivals can actually cooperate on a big issue like Mental Health! GO ROGERS GO`!

Last edited by Mark Elliot (January 12, 2016 3:54 am)

January 12, 2016 10:01 am  #2

Re: Rogers Supports "Bell Lets Talk Day"

Isn't that rather like an atheist supporting the "Thou shalt not kill." 'rule' from the original 'top 10 list'?  They HAVE TO support it.  I'd look bad if they didn't.

A better way for Rogers and Bell to support the better mental health of Canadians?
STOP LAYING THEM OFF!!!

January 12, 2016 10:22 am  #3

The only reason I didn't get a layoff is that I work for ad time.  Yes, Bell did a horrendous layoff. 
They also are still the reason why my soapbox at "People Helping People" is still on the air every Saturday at 11:05 pm. 

Bell doesn't have to do anything about "Mental Health," but I can speak to George Cope and tell him how I feel and still get a personal reply

What is "a caring corporation" today anyway?

Allan Slaight is retired.  Alan Waters and Ted Rogers are long gone...
  They cared about radio.
I wouldn't want to be a broadcast executive today.  Not at all.  What a thankless job.

Bell does a great service with "Bell Lets Talk". After all, they were in the communication biz before anyone else excepting Samuel Morse and the telegraph.

Radio likes to talk a lotLets make it a national conversation on all media and raise 0.05 cents for every text you send on January 27th with the hashtag #BellLetsTalk

Now if everybody else supports it a lot of people will want to Thank You!

Last edited by Mark Elliot (January 12, 2016 11:57 am)

January 12, 2016 10:30 am  #4