sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 30, 2015 2:01 pm  #1

Doug Lennox

Shit.  

I always had a soft spot for Doug, from sitting downing Scotch at the Slaight Christmas parties, to just shooting the shit when I'd see him at Yonge and St. Clair in one of the stores.  Always a wonderfully nice guy and always had a great story or two.    His 'now you know' feature was always a good laugh on Woloshyn's morning show, and his 'Journey to the 21st century' features were a great audio history of how we got where we were.  RIP my friend.

[Via 12:36]

Doug Lennox dead at 77. The prolific Toronto voiceover artist was known for his radio and book trivia series Now You Know, and recognized for on-screen roles like "Main Bad Guy" in Police Academy and "Axe Murderer" in Police Academy 3. Lennox also had the role of villain P.T. Boomer in the 2000 movie version of Thomas and the Magic Railroad, until his part was cut because a producer feared he'd scare the kids. Lennox's intimidating screen presence is on full display in

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

November 30, 2015 2:09 pm  #2

Re: Doug Lennox

Doug's Site:  http://douglennox.com

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

November 30, 2015 3:08 pm  #3

This is indeed a very sad day.  I had the pleasure of working with Doug for a few years.  When I received an award out side of the radio station there was Doug; in the front row.  He was loyal to his friends and a very kind gentleman.  I'll miss you Doug.

Now You Know

Last edited by Bearsville (November 30, 2015 10:21 pm)

December 1, 2015 1:04 pm  #4

What terrible news. I worked with Doug Lennox while PD at CFRB. I had the honour of working with him on a number of projects that were well received on air. Despite his talent, he  had no airs .... he  was a normal guy with a great voice and a creative mind. His Now You Know feature aired across Canada for years. 

A sad day for Canadian broadcasting. RIP Doug.