sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 27, 2015 10:00 am  #1

Fox News Anchor Sues Over Lookalike Toy Hamster

Just when I thought there couldn't be a better headline than the one I posted yesterday, this comes along, proving me wrong. A Fox News anchor has sued toy manufacturer Hasbro for allegedly copying her look in one of its toy hamsters, Yes, you read that right. That, in turn, has prompted what has to be one of the greatest and most ridiculous legal exchanges in the history of jurisprudence.

"First, Ms. Faulkner is an adult, African-American, human, female newscaster; the Hamster Toy is an inch-tall, cartoon-like plastic animal, which has no apparent gender or profession, or even clothing that might identify its gender or profession," Hasbro responds.

"Second, contrary to Plaintiff’s allegation, the Hamster Toy does not have the same 'complexion' as Ms. Faulkner," continues Hasbro. "The animal depicted by the Hamster Toy has 'fur' (not skin), which is golden yellow, a wisp of 'hair' that is medium-brown, a pink nose,and a muzzle that is white."

"Third, despite Plaintiff’s claim, neither the 'shape' of the Hamster Toy’s eyes, nor the 'design of its eye makeup' misappropriate Ms. Faulkner’s likeness. Ms. Faulkner has brown, almond-shaped eyes; the Hamster Toy has large, circular blue eyes."

As mentioned before, you can't make this stuff up. The comparison is shown below. As Fox News might say, "They report. You decide." 

Hasbro Says Toy Hamster Looks Nothing Like Fox News Anchor

Last edited by RadioActive (October 27, 2015 11:09 am)

October 27, 2015 10:47 am  #2

Re: Fox News Anchor Sues Over Lookalike Toy Hamster

Is she high on something? What is she smoking?
At best, I could understand if she has an eye infection that puts a light blue glow around her pupils, but even that would be a far stretch. 
Although Hasbro perhaps could do a name change, (maybe), but that's as far as it should go.

Last edited by Radiowiz (October 27, 2015 10:54 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 28, 2015 8:33 am  #3

last i heard, the hamster was suing her.

October 28, 2015 9:22 am  #4

I believe the hamster is a Democrat, which explains the hostility. 

October 28, 2015 9:26 am  #5

One can buy a fake plastic 'ass' at 'the joke store' if one so chooses.  I'm gonna sue the ass manufacturer.  I need me some xmas shopping dough