sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 23, 2015 11:23 am  #1

Netflix Drives More Cdns. To Dump Cable, New Financial Results Reveal

Rogers lost another 31,000 subscribers while Shaw bled more than 76,000 paying customers, as Netflix numbers grow.

Netflix Stealing More Canuck Cable Customers

October 23, 2015 11:43 am  #2

Re: Netflix Drives More Cdns. To Dump Cable, New Financial Results Reveal

It's still happening?  Even with this news?:  http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/netflix-loses-hunger-games-and-other-movies-as-epix-deal-ends/
and
http://gta.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=336

Last edited by Radiowiz (October 23, 2015 11:52 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 25, 2015 12:21 am  #3

I guarantee I'll be cable free before 2016.  Cable just out and out $ U C K $.00

October 25, 2015 3:32 pm  #4

I am not surprised the numbers are down.  If it weren't for sport channels and the food network I would be gonet too.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

October 25, 2015 10:22 pm  #5

I love pausing and/or rewinding live TV with my Rogers box and I'm also a Gameshow network fan. 
(not to be confused with Game TV, a whole different channel)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 26, 2015 1:06 am  #6

Don't cry for Rogers and Bell.  They know what's happening and they're working on it.  

They already offer IPTV services and high-speed (100+mbit) Internet.  It's just a matter of time before true a la carte and video on demand becomes the norm for pretty much everything.  Can you even get analog cable tv in Toronto anymore?

And if the CRTC ever allows canadian IPTV providers to become available over any Internet provider, you can be sure Bell and Rogers will take full advantage of that situation.  They are really trying hard to implement usage-based billing not only to their own customers, but those of third-party Internet providers (like Teksavvy, among others) who use Bell and Rogers as their backbone.