sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 16, 2015 9:30 am  #1

Legends of Toronto Radio

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

October 16, 2015 10:38 am  #2

Re: Legends of Toronto Radio

Give me this one please.  It's not often I throw on my moderator hat.

Please just acknowledge that this will be an interesting event and don't turn it into a 'greatest rock bands of all time' argument.   As I was reading the list, there are some legitimate Toronto radio 'legends' and as I gasped out loud, realized there are also some who could very well be legends,, just in other peoples eyes, not mine.

There are also names missing from the list, and we don't know if they were asked and couldn't or didn't want to be part, or never considered. 

This is one of those threads that is probably very personal.  I have my own idea who the Toronto radio legends were over the past few years, and odds are they're completely different from yours.   That would probably make for an interesting thread, but not on this one.

Let's wish the organizers and participants a ton of luck, and hope it raises a lot of money for Lisa's Journey of Hope which is where the funds are being directed.

ig.

Last edited by ig (October 16, 2015 10:40 am)

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

October 16, 2015 11:06 am  #3

Geez...Segarini qualifies for both sides of the coin.  But pay to go?  50-sumthin bucks?!?!?  Not with YOUR money ig.

Will there be a tour?

October 16, 2015 1:42 pm  #4

Last time I saw him, I stole Segarini's wallet, My credit cards all say 'Robert Joseph Segarini ' so technically, I'm all for it .

Old Codger wrote:

Geez...Segarini qualifies for both sides of the coin.  But pay to go?  50-sumthin bucks?!?!?  Not with YOUR money ig.

Last edited by ig (October 16, 2015 1:43 pm)

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

October 16, 2015 7:42 pm  #5

Okay I've done the math! That's 25 bucks to see Jesse! Another $25 to see Gene and $4 for the rest...
Well worth it! Keep up the great work guys! 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.