sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2015 11:10 pm  #1

CHOM program director André Lallier dies at 52

[Via Montreal Gazette]

The Quebec radio industry has lost one of its builders.

André Lallier, content director of ÉNERGIE Montréal (94.3 FM) and CHOM-FM (97.7), has died of cancer at the age of  52.

“Our entire team today lost an irreplaceable professional and a valued friend,” said Martin Spalding, Bell Media’s vice-president and general manager, local radio and TV, Quebec. “Thanks to his love for radio and music and his total dedication to the success of the stations where he worked over the years, André has left an indelible mark on our entire industry.”

Born in Montréal in 1963, Lallier joined CKMF (now ÉNERGIE Montréal) in 1983 and “was instrumental in making it one of the most renowned radio stations in the Montreal and Quebec radio landscapes,” Bell Media said in a release on Sunday. “During his remarkable career spanning over three decades at Radiomutuel, then Astral and Bell Media, he built an enviable reputation as a radio professional with unparalleled vision, passion, and integrity.”

More...

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

October 7, 2015 8:48 pm  #2

Re: CHOM program director André Lallier dies at 52

I would be negligent not to make a comment about  André (even if it forced me to set up an account on the IG Network). During my early days at RCS and pushing Selector across Canada, Montreal was foreign soil, Until I met André. He embodied everything I had heard about Montrealers and he kept his word. As the Bell press release states "with unparalleled vision, passion, and integrity". He had it all. Rest in peace my friend. Your calls to Selector support  are on the wall of fame. You will be missed, 

Last edited by pmcknight (October 7, 2015 8:48 pm)