sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 24, 2015 1:29 pm  #1

Lovin' the music on Voices Radio 106.5FM

Only back in June did I discover today's EZ hits on 106.5FM.   www.voicesradio.ca

If you like soft hits, then tune in here.    It used to be known as Aboriginal Voices Radio when it first went on-air from the studios of the former MediaNet Radio Network.   It was all Aboriginal music at the time and over the years has gone through management changes and, obviously, format changes.    I know the previous management caused some ruffles with the CRTC and the various stations were supposed to shut down Aug 25.   A ''stay" was granted and the new team headed by DB and IG have kept the ship afloat.

I mentioned initials but have to give full fist  pumps to David Bray and Iain Grant for programming an excellent station!!   The music is wonderful - thanks guys!!

I had sent Iain a couple messages of congrats but had not heard anything back, which is fine.

If you like a variety of commercial-free soft hits (and some "oh wow" forgotten faves) then tune in 106.5 in Toronto, sit back, relax and enjoy!

Last edited by djwildbill (September 24, 2015 1:31 pm)

September 24, 2015 9:47 pm  #2

Re: Lovin' the music on Voices Radio 106.5FM

Thank you.  Glad you're enjoying the music.  It was fun to put together.  As Marc W. called it, a tribute to CHFI circa 1970.  And I don't have a problem with that .

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

September 24, 2015 10:03 pm  #3

ig wrote:

Thank you.  Glad you're enjoying the music.  It was fun to put together.  As Marc W. called it, a tribute to CHFI circa 1970.  And I don't have a problem with that .

and perhaps some CHUM FM circa 1972 as well. I have been tuning in now and then and this morning I was very pleasantly surprised to hear Homburg by Procol Harum which has one of the best opening lines of any song :

Your multilingual business friend
Has packed her bags and fled
Leaving only ash-filled ashtrays
And the lipsticked unmade bed

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

September 28, 2015 10:03 pm  #4

Today I heard a solicitation for ads and also perhaps a new voice-over person. Was not able to listen for long but one does wonder what's going on licence-wise.

Last edited by Fitz (September 28, 2015 10:17 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/