sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2018 7:35 pm  #1

If You Ever Needed An Example Of How Fox News & CNN Differ...

Look no further than Tuesday's developments about the news regarding Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, admitting his guilt in one courtroom, while the president's former campaign manager Paul Manifort was being convicted in another. 

I wondered how the two networks would handle these stories, although I was pretty sure CNN would be almost salviating, doing wall-to-wall coverage about these stunning developments. And sure enough, they did, with panel after panel practically impeaching Trump on the air over and over again.

But I was far more curious as to how Fox would approach the story, since it involved a possible death blow for their reputed hero. I wasn't expecting what they did, although it shouldn't have surprised me in the end. Instead of leading with this story (or in this case, stories) about the court decisions and what they could mean to the most powerful elected official in the world, Fox came on the air at 7 PM and lead with a story from Iowa, about a missing college girl whose body had been found after weeks of searching. 

To be fair, this was a national story and got a lot of attention in the American media. But it's why they chose it as their top story that speaks volumes. Turns out the guy accused, who apparently led cops to her body, is an undocumented illegal immigrant who should never have been in the U.S. in the first place. 

You can see where this coverage is heading. "Who cares about some court cases when the hordes are invading illegally through our porous borders, killing our defenceless and innocent children?" It's a compelling story, to be sure, but it's not more important than the court cases that could lead to the downfall of an American president. 

Not that it comes as a surprise, but if you ever needed an example how the two networks view their editorial stances, this was definitely it.

August 21, 2018 9:45 pm  #2

Re: If You Ever Needed An Example Of How Fox News & CNN Differ...

Speaking of Trump, I'd almost forgotten about this:

Might as well Trump!

August 22, 2018 11:22 am  #3

It is not just Trump that CNN has utter contempt and is disgust for. They were just as ruthless with Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. They don't want ANY Republican in the White House. From the FOX perspective, they are just as disgusted with Clinton and Obama. They don't want ANY Democrat in the White House. Both networks have their bias and have never tried to hide them. Unfortunately, for CNN, they are bleeding viewers. MSNBC has passed them and now is the #2 cable news network behind FOX. The loss of Bill O'Reilly put a significant dent into the networks ratings and Rachel Maddox is consistently winning her timeslot on MSNBC. now.

August 22, 2018 3:36 pm  #4

August 22, 2018 4:31 pm  #5

mace wrote:

...CNN...They were just as ruthless with Reagan, Bush I and Bush II.

Citation needed.

August 23, 2018 4:45 pm  #6

if you report the truth you are considered fake news but if you offer only softball like Fox then you are "fair and balanced".

There's the footage on Air Force One where the Donald clearly says her knew nothing about the hush payments. After that the Cohen tapes surfaced and he had to change his tune. In other words he lied yet again. Yesterday at the White House presser Huckabee Sanders was asked if the president lied and she said that is a ridiculous assertion. Rudy is going around saying "truth is not truth.".  The Trump camp is saying don't believe what you see and read.

We could go on and on and on.

The 30 % base many of who do want to make America you know what again and that's basically it. David Duke loves it as does Laura Ingram. Today Trump said something about investigating the killing of South African farmers. No basis but we know who that was aimed at and that's what's keeping him in. 

Last edited by Fitz (August 23, 2018 4:45 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/