sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2018 7:12 am  #1

CHEX-TV is about to be rebranded as Global Peterborough

https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/news-story/8818775-chex-tv-newscasts-rebranding-as-chex-news-on-global-peterborough/

CKWS Kingston is also going 'full Global'. I also understand the news programs will become full HD as well.

August 18, 2018 12:57 pm  #2

Re: CHEX-TV is about to be rebranded as Global Peterborough

Good question. And what about CHEX's itty bitty channel 4 repeater in Bancroft [I don't know why they keep it on air]?  Also, does this not make the Denbigh Global repeater sort of redundant?

Yes CTV still is on air in Bobcaygeon - HD ch. 35.

August 18, 2018 8:50 pm  #3

"We're going to turn this (the Monaghan Rd. offices) into the Corus media centre," Kronstein said. "We're making a pretty major investment here."

With Corus shares crashing, I can only guess this is an effort to make something look good for a sale? 

Last edited by Radiowiz (August 18, 2018 8:51 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 20, 2018 12:41 pm  #4

Aytononline wrote:

I'm guessing this change includes Kingston and Durham.

I'm not sure what the Kingston station is doing, but I do know Durham already went GLOBAL a while ago.
However, the difference there is that Corus sold their Durham radio stations to Durham radio inc, so it is doubtful that those radio stations will ever merge with the TV station there...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 20, 2018 2:10 pm  #5

CKWS Kingston is also getting the re-brand, and they're already co-located with the radio stations.

August 21, 2018 10:44 am  #6

What's happening to CHEX-TV-2 in Oshawa?

August 22, 2018 10:05 am  #7

I will never understand the logic if mixing the brands that global does on some stations.

Either call it CHEX or Global Peterborough.   Pick one.   If heritage matters, stick with CHEX and run global shows, but this half-ass way just causes so much confusion in the public.   When CHCH did this, it drove me insane.   

I'm not in charge, and it's only my opinion...  but basic branding logic here should be used.