sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Sun Jul 29 1:52 pm  #31

Re: It's A Bad Time To Be A Cable Company

That was my reaction too.  Interesting features, but not something that I need;  not to mention the extra costs and hardware changes you noted.

Sun Jul 29 1:55 pm  #32

This is the first I have heard of it. The prices listed here seem a bit high for me. 

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/06/07/rogers-begins-rolling-out-ignite-tv-iptv-platform-to-subscribers-in-ontario/

Sun Jul 29 2:16 pm  #33

Leslieville Bill wrote:

Downsides, from what I can gather:
- Installation by technician required..

Why is that a downside?  Cogeco has had a policy of tech installations for all their products for a while.  I've had no issue.  In fact, when I upgraded services, the Tech noticed we aren't getting the correct speed and, without asking or any issue, he strung a completely new line from the outside tap to inside my home.  Now my speeds are brilliant. Had I not had that Tech physically here, I'd be getting sub-par services.

Sun Jul 29 2:50 pm  #34

The Ignite TV is typical of most of the offerings of the Big-Telcoms.  It is beyond the price point of many, because you are saddled with a lot of features that you will never use and are forced to subscribe to an ultra high speed internet connection.  

Mon Jul 30 6:24 pm  #35

Just saw the new Ignite TV ad on City. Not bad. 
I can't find the ad on Youtube though, so I can't repost it here.